Will Morrison's Quarry be affected ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DI_Guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
With the new provincial legislation about diving in Quebec and requiring verification of your diving expertise, I'm wondering if that would affect Morrison's Quarry as it is "privately owned".

My understanding about the legislation is that it is similar to what France did years ago. Supposedly Quebec is concerned about the number of dive accidents within the province and it is suspected that it is due to divers getting their certification in the southern warmer waters and then coming to Quebec and having to dive with full gear and in much colder water temps.

It will be $17.50 for three years and we have until december of this year to submit the required form and then after that we have to be tested/reviewed by a Quebec Dive Instructor to insure we are cold water capable.

Anyone else have any info ?

Bubblemaker_ontario:
Anyone else have any info ?

Tipping the boat captain $40.00 will get you more smiles, and not make you feel like you've wasted it.

Such a crock of $hit.

Sorry, but it's THAT annoying to me.

FWIW: The legislation isn't in full swing, and is your typical government CF in action.

Ignore it if at all possible. Maybe it'll go away.

Another example of how our Tax money is being wasted.
All the bureaucratism and paper work will cost more than the $17.50 than it will bring in. In the end, mostlikely, it will not help anyone.

honestly if it makes it easier to actually dive in quebec it's only $17.50.
like for example if it means not diving at Escoumins, (yeah right). I'll pay the $17.50. I've spent more than that in the past on scuba stuff

yeah yeah I know it's just a tax. but hey thats life.

Problem is Artw, if you keep rolling over for bull$hit like this, sooner or later you'll find out just how much of your life you've wasted spending YOUR money on THEIR fun instead of your own. I am pleased however, that at your age, you're not the jaded individual that I was, and am!
It's OK, 10 more years of getting the tax boot up your arse every day will fix that :)

It may be the Canadian way, and I guess that's why I am an Amerikun at heart.

Sorry man, but I just can't bend for dumb-$hit like this. It's just too rediculous. The thought of it alone is enough to make me not want to dive there anymore.

Regards

What are they gonna do? Have the Scuba Police next?

Screw that.....maybe I'll start having to pack my Legal registered firearms to deal with dive site varment. (Which btw just cost me another $85 bux to own - thanks to JC and his side kick Allan Rock.....oh and what was that chicks name......Lie alot Annie (Mclellan)........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

btw. I won't roll over....they can take their 17.50 and shove it..... I'll find somewhere else to spend my money.

edit: oh and btw - Scuba_Steve - I'm one of the new younger generation's - and I've had enough of the tax boot already.

http://www.marmora.org/liberty/LLA/

Rolling over for your governments BS is the Canadian way? I think you will find it is the human way Steve.

If you look at the places in the world where social unrest and violence are at play you will find it is usually over a lot more than a $20 tax. You would be surprised how far the average human has to be pushed before they will push back.

All bark and no bite as the saying goes.

d33ps1x ,

You should check out some of the social actions the Lanark Landowners Association has taken in the last few months......I think the government around here is learning that when pushed hard enough we do bite. And hard.

JJ1:
d33ps1x ,

You should check out some of the social actions the Lanark Landowners Association has taken in the last few months......I think the government around here is learning that when pushed hard enough we do bite. And hard.

Do forgive my ignorance. The only article of substance I could find on the web regarding the group made mention of your two major acts being illegally killing deer and driving your tractors up highway 417.

Being a rural Ontarian myself I really don't see this as social protest but more so as a typical Saturday night back home.

Sorry folks ... I did not mean to start a debate... (lol)

I was only looking on the FQAS web site and wondered if it affected Morrison's Quarry (being a private owned facility) and from re-reading the info there, I guess it will.

The FQAS website is http://www.fqas.qc.ca/pages/historique_e.html if anyone is interested.

Its going to be $15.00 ( not $ 17.50 ) for three years and there will be three different Classifications.

Back
Top Bottom