Windy Point Camping/Diving 8/25-8/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cuda_72

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning on doing some camping and diving this weekend at Lake Travis Windy Point.

Who else is interested? I intend on arriving Friday afternoon and staying through till Sunday.

Anybody?

I would be interested but cannot find a ride, my 4Runner still waiting on parts so can get inspected, and brother will be in Ft. Worth with his truck this weekend :(

But maybe I can find some other way to get down there for a dive or two with a fellow swamper, have a brand new Pro QD that I have not even got wet since purchase, still sitting down at Toms.

Hey NadMat, I'd be happy to give you a ride saturday after I get up from my morning nap. PM me if interested. Didn't you tell me that you live not far from the lake?

Cuda72--I'll be there of course. I just don't know... The whole 5 minute drive to windy point is sure going to be a pain in the rump... But I suppose I'll make it Friday afternoon.

Cuda_72 could you do us a favor,,,,run a few garden hoses into the lake and 'leave' them running ful blast when you leave for home---thanks!!! :D

I'll be up atthe lake next weekend... Bummer...

Well, while cuda can't read this, unless Barstows has put in wireless Inet access, I will be out this afternoon thanks to the kindess of Shaggie, who has volunteered to come by casa and give me a ride. Brought my new ProQD home last night (finally), it said was feeling lonely and dry stuck at Tom's all this time without any attention:wink:, so I did a dry fit last night and will go grab a tank from dive world and some weight to play with this morning so will be ready when Shaggie arrives. I finally will become an 'official' swamper by diving with a current swamper :D
Also will get any gear adustment out of way before diving on 10th for trash collection with Mack and Oak Hill Scuba gang. Have not told shaggie yet, but Barstows entry and his air fills there will be on me, as well as some food and drinks after if he wants. Camera is coming with, unfortunately no U/W housing yet so pics will be surface ones, but want to document my official swamper status:)

Hey man, good to hear that you be able to join us after all! Way to go Shaggie!

Richard does have wireless internet available here in the park.

We will look forward to seeing the both of you.

Back
Top Bottom