wing for a giant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tobin, thats good to know cause there really is not much room for an undergarment in the dry suit he is getting, and will do fine for a few months of shallow dives, and even in the 100' range, but this summer when he is diving in the 200' range was my thinking, and the currents in the shipping lanes are tremendous, I am hoping he will weigh in at at least 300# and goal of 275# then an undergarment to keep him warm on drift deco dives.

This will be interesting to see how he weighs out, as I only seen bruce from sea soft get loaded up weights in a class he took with my wife, and I thought to myself that is why he came up with seasoft weights. and I do remember 56# is what he had, of course that was in 98 so I might be off on that a bit, yet it was twice what I wear in a drysuit.

Tobin, well it is a non issue for this 340# man as he used a weight harness, a knight hawk 2xl bc with 40# and 2# ankle weight's, and a steel tank.

So good ta know an out of shape big person really does not take much more weight. So he can get any bcd that fits him and dive for the most part, and any around 58# lift wing will work great.

Tobin, well it is a non issue for this 340# man as he used a weight harness, a knight hawk 2xl bc with 40# and 2# ankle weight's, and a steel tank.

So good ta know an out of shape big person really does not take much more weight. So he can get any bcd that fits him and dive for the most part, and any around 58# lift wing will work great.

Humm,

46 lbs of total ballast, in fresh water. That implies 56 lbs in salt. I'm doubtful.

No doubt some of this ballast is required to offset the divers personal buoyancy, and some for the buoyancy of his exposure suit.

Once again I'd suggest that he determine his personal buoyancy, i.e. how much lead to get him neutral in his swim trunks,

and then,

How much lead to get him neutral in just his undergarment and drysuit.

Subtract the first from the second and we know how buoyant his suit is.

"Diver X need YY lbs + ankle weeights with his Zundap Special BC and generic steel tank during his first drysuit dive in a pool" is just not the type of specific info needed here.

Tobin

Oh sorry tobin, He thinks 30# weight in pool, this was his checkout dive in saltwater yesterday, The other thing is his BC rode up on him so I made a crotch strap for knight hawk and all was well.

So He will need more of an undergarment as he looses weight, and with tank he is at close to 46# and that would mean 56# with undergarment. just have to see the outcome, but I have to say his bladder will be fine at 58#.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom