Wing Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alan_pires

Registered
Reaction score
After having my Apex Buddy Explorer for many years I'm looking to get a BCD Wing.

Prefer to have integrated weights. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
Alan

Re: "integrated weights"

WB.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure I'm getting what you are asking for. Are you just looking for a wing, a back plate and wing, or a back inflate?

I'm looking for a wing and backplate. I travel from the UK so the lugguage allowance is only 23 kg so would like to keep the weight minimum.
I've seen wings from DiveRite, Hollis, ScubaPro and AP. Just thought had any preferences?

my personal preference is Deep Sea Supply and he does sell into the UK. Company is owned by Tobin who is active on this forum as @cool_hardware52
Tremendous quality, features, and value and the service is fantastic. If you need the lightest weight possible, his Kydex plates are much nicer than aluminum

I'm looking for a wing and backplate. I travel from the UK so the lugguage allowance is only 23 kg so would like to keep the weight minimum.

Then get an AL backplate and wing. Rent, borrow, or steal weights. "Integrate" with weight belt or weight pockets.

That's the same as it is in the U.S. I have no problem traveling with a SS plate and wing. I have Halcyon gear, but there are plenty of other good choices. I would avoid harnesses with padding, buckles, etc, though. You will be adding weight pockets after the fact, so you can choose whichever you like.

Deep Sea Supply makes great gear. I am also intrigued by Dive Rite wings. The XT series are the most robust / bullet proof wing out there so I am considering getting one for wreck penetration.

Yeah, I always travel with my 3mm ss backplate, dir harness and a wing depending on dive plan.. Get small weight pockets for the tankband that you fill at the dive site, problem solved. Plus its more useful back in the UK with a ss bp

I've seen wings from DiveRite, Hollis, ScubaPro and AP. Just thought had any preferences?

If you are in the UK, then USA brands will be relatively expensive compared to local EU brands.

The following have excellent construction, comfort and LOCAL support:

Red Hat Diving : Maximus 30lbs Wing and their Red Hat backplates
Red Hat Diving Maximus wing

Apeks : Wings in 18lb, 30lb and 40lb
WTX Series

Mares: Wings in 23lb (10kg) and 34lb (16kg)
https://www.mikesdivestore.com/coll...ders/products/mares-xr-single-tank-donut-wing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom