Wing Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
1st Post on this board, hope you can help.
Wish to replace a Diverite bondage style wing with a Halcyon.
Q - what lift capacity?
There are one or two options.
I dive dry suit with double PST 95s, wgt belt only 4lbs extra.
Is the 40lbs of lift ok, or is the 55lbs better??
Thanks,
dave

I beleive the 40s are for people in AL80s. That's gonna be a bit light for twin 95s. I'd go with the 55s.

Have you looked at the Halcyon Evolve wings? Or any other wings? Might want to take a look at what Oxycheq has in that size. Golem too.

Dave Pegler:
1st Post on this board, hope you can help.
Wish to replace a Diverite bondage style wing with a Halcyon.
Q - what lift capacity?
There are one or two options.
I dive dry suit with double PST 95s, wgt belt only 4lbs extra.
Is the 40lbs of lift ok, or is the 55lbs better??
Thanks,
dave

I'd go with 55# explorer or 60# evolve. The 40# wings are better for double Al80s, LP80, HP100s.

lamont:
I'd go with 55# explorer or 60# evolve. The 40# wings are better for double Al80s, LP80, HP100s.
Hmmmm. I like my 38lb wing with my double 130's

Man Jeff, I tried a 40 with twin 95s and I thought that was pushing it.

PerroneFord:
Man Jeff, I tried a 40 with twin 95s and I thought that was pushing it.
In fresh water its very close to the edge. In salt there is no real issue. Plus...who knows how accurate the "rating" is. AGIR 38 vs Halycon 40 ???? Maybe the AGIR has a bit more lift.

Way easier to dive though. (38 vs the 55) (I also have an AGIR 55)

Yea, that's why I put my DR Classic 60# in the closet and got a Torus 45 from Tobin.

JeffG:
In fresh water its very close to the edge. In salt there is no real issue. Plus...who knows how accurate the "rating" is. AGIR 38 vs Halycon 40 ???? Maybe the AGIR has a bit more lift.

Way easier to dive though. (38 vs the 55) (I also have an AGIR 55)

I've speculated that Halcyon inflates their lift numbers so that when people buy a wing with a little too much lift they're really getting one that is just right...

I don't know what kind of diving you plan on doing, but A 55# wing is not going to be that much bigger than a 40# double. I would consider 55# lift.

I use an Oxycheq 55# wing, diving wet - mostly twin 80's here in CA and 95s-104s in FL. Floats me fine & held up well for the last couple years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom