Wing suggestion for LP50 doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have to see which wing has the bands for the 50's on it. Will keep you posted. Too many wings and BCD's. I lose track!!

Too many wings and BCD's. I lose track!!

You and me both my friend, you and me both (wife is saying I need to sell stuff.... the nerve!).

Miss you bud! Wife and kid ask you you been.....
Been on the project road, yeah, yeah, I know, I thought you retired???? Long story short,,,it's wicked good money and I get to chose my projects!!! With age and experience, come demands that are often accomodated and well compensated!! Pays for the costly habits, diving, cards, drones, and boats!!!

When I had my Double 50s:

Halcyon Evolve 40#
(Great, just maybe a little long. Super stable. Watch out for pinch flats when putting your tanks down.)

Oxycheq 42# Horseshoe
(Literally perfect width and length. Little narrow so as to run with big singles, no pinch flats. Many swear by donut wings, and although that’s what I run mostly, nothing wrong with a horseshoe wing. I believe the donut version should be about the same size/style with a small area across the bottom to join it all together.)

I have a HOG 50 and a DR CCR xt. Think the HOG is way too wide (I feel it tacos on my 7.25 tanks). DR might work with the gusset.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Additionally, looking for offset inflator as I dive a double hose....

Thanks
I have a demo HOG 38 wing here that I only use about twice a year. It's the horseshoe style. It was my LP72 doubles wing. Those have been split into side-mount cylinders. Unfortunately, the inflator is in the center so it might not work for you. If you're interested shoot me an email. Make you a deal on it. I've only been using it for rescue classes where I put an LP95 single on. It has enough lift to make it challenging when I wedge myself halfway in a doorway and the students have to extract me.

I have been using a Halcyon Evolve 40 with my double 50s. I'm using bands on the 50s that allow a standard width manifold. They are my favorite doubles. The inflator is not offset on the Evolve.

Back
Top Bottom