Winter Pool training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

Question - anyone is the MA area know of a indoor pool that allows divers to pratice skills in the winter? What do you think about that as a winter activity to meet other divers and keep skills sharp?

Thanks
Eric

I was looking for that too in the NYC/LI area, if not donning the full gear, at least have the ability to try out fins and bring out a UW housed camera for practice. A few places with pools I called don't have such a thing. Are these suppose to be arranged with the LDS during thier class pool sessions?

I guess. I am going to call some Pools and see what say. May try the "play and I will clean the bottom " type of thing.

Eric

Hate to brag... actually that's a lie - I love our new covered pool/training tank and I love to show it off! Y'all come on down!

Rick :)

My LDS has a heated pool....11 feet deep and im going to have to utilize it im afraid.

Winter sucks!! Ohh well, I can practice some skills, some fin kicks, and pretend there is some coral underneath me.

maybe i can lay some pictures down on the pool bottom. :/

There is one scuba shop in the Orange County area that has a fake marine life photo ledge. They built this reef-like tunnel and ledge and it is covered in fake aquatic life and plants. So new divers can do a one step better than pretend. They also use the salt water purification method (vs chlorine) so it's really cool for student divers.

Our LDS, ScubaSet in Federal Way, WA. has a 14' deep indoor pool where we are encouraged to come and pratice to keep our skills sharp!

There are direct flights from New York to Seattle!

:D

Here at the University, we have a 15' indoor heated divewell. We get to practice all year. It's great...you can really devote some time to practicing...Especially during the off season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom