Wireless Wrist Computer: left or right

Which wrist is your computer on?

• Right

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • left

Votes: 31 47.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefugee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got a wireless wrist mounted computer. Just out of curiosity - how many people wear their computer on the left wrist vs the right wrist. Why?

I am right handed, and tend to wear my watch (although I rarely wear one) on my right wrist. When I bought my wrist computer, the LDS put the wireless transmitter on the left, so the computer should be on the left wrist. I am thinking about switching the transmitter to my right. My thought is that if you put it on right hand, you can have your left hand on the inflator when ascending and descending, while being able to watch the depth on the right wrist.

I know that there are no right or wrong answer to this, but I am curious what are you thoughts?

i wear mine on my left wrist

because my light is on my right wrist, and it's just easy to shine the light on the computer

i tried wearing my light on my left, computer on right, but i found that the light chord was creating entanglement issues for me, particularly on narrow passages
(it crossed over my chest, and it tended to sag when i was horizontal)

I wear mine on the right side so when I have my inflater above my head I can still read my 'puter.

Left....same reason...inflator visibility

Interesting observation. Just out of curiosity - do you wear a wrist mounted compass? I f I wear the computer on the right side, I was going to wear my wrist mounted compass on left side (or vice-versa).

H2Andy:
i wear mine on my left wrist

because my light is on my right wrist, and it's just easy to shine the light on the computer

i tried wearing my light on my left, computer on right, but i found that the light chord was creating entanglement issues for me, particularly on narrow passages
(it crossed over my chest, and it tended to sag when i was horizontal)

reefugee:
Interesting observation. Just out of curiosity - do you wear a wrist mounted compass?

no, i don't wear a compass, even in OW

(i've found that like the two times i needed a compass was due to my carelessness and I could have avoided it -- and do now -- as well as it being unecessary 99% of the time. it made no sense to lug it around)

i do bottom navigation, and if not possible, then use a safety line

Everything, computer, compass, and slate on the left. I am ab normal - left eye dominate but right handed so I can see my guages very easily doing this.

Computer on the right so you can keep an eye on as you adjust buoyancy and compas on the left. You should always wear a compas especially in low vis.

Neither wrist. I put my Atmos Elite in the clip on console with retractor and hang it on my right chest D-ring. A quick zip out with the right hand and I am able to read it while adjusting the BC with my left. The compass is mounted to the guage console.

D9 on right wrist, compass on left wrist. Reason: To look at ascent rate/depth while holding on to inflator with left hand.

Cheers.

-j.-

Back
Top Bottom