With help Uploaded HC7 Video Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
So with all the help from the other thread I did a rough, rough, cut of what I shot yesterday. 1st time out with setup, shot 20-40ft deep, used MWB, with and without lights. Day was overcast and had about 15ft of viz.

HC7, Gates Housing, WP25 port, Green Force 50s HID lights.
Used Pinnacle to Edit, ran through Dr. Divx and then uploaded. Don't really know if it "HD" but looks ok given light and viz.

Thanks again for all the help.

Stage6 · Cabazon Protecting Egds - Video and Download · nwdiver

Nice job. Look forward to watching more.

Seeing your video, ScubaBob's and Pakman's, I think the HC7 and Gates housing with MWB is turning out to be a pretty solid combination.

HC7, Gates Housing, SW25 port, Green Force 50s HID lights.
Used Pinnacle to Edit, ran through Dr. Divx and then uploaded. Don't really know if it "HD" but looks ok given light and viz.

Thanks again for all the help.

Good work man!

So with all the help from the other thread I did a rough, rough, cut of what I shot yesterday. 1st time out with setup, shot 20-40ft deep, used MWB, with and without lights. Day was overcast and had about 15ft of viz.

Good job on first dive with HC7/Gates!!! Even with the overcast and depth - it looks like the HC7 still over exposed some of the shots. I generally use the AE shift at -1 or -2 to help force down the exposure. That seems to usually help add depth of field and IMO add more of an "HD" look. Makes me fill like I was on a SoCal dive - but I'm gonna venture to guess your water was a bit colder then our current 55 deg!

btw - great find on the eggs. Too bad Mom (or Dad?) wouldn't you go in for some lighted macro shots!

Thanks all. The housing works great. I had forgotten to bring a slate to WB but after diving I think it would be hard to hold a slate in front of the lens and manipulate the WB. So I ordered the Gates slate on a Loc-Line arm.

55 Degrees! That’s balmy. Air temp was 37 and water temp at 30ft was 46, I love my drysuit. I will have to play with the Manuel AE shift. Is this something you are setting and leaving or adjusting throughout the dive?

With the dark conditions and white anemones my still camera with strobes has the same issue with over exposure. I tried to do some (zoom) macro with the WP25 but it gets fuzzy. The cabs, I believe it is the dads that protect the eggs, are stressed as it is so I try to give them some room.

H2O is still waiting for Gates to deliver our SWP25 port and I will be interested to see how it does with the small stuff. Plus we leave for Yap and Chuuk Friday so I really want to have it for the trip.

I will have to play with the Manuel AE shift. Is this something you are setting and leaving or adjusting throughout the dive?

I usually set it first thing on a dive using the dial, then I just keep an eye on it. I go back and forth between AE shift and Focus using the dial (by holding down the dial set button to bring up the list of dial modes).

With the dark conditions and white anemones my still camera with strobes has the same issue with over exposure. I tried to do some (zoom) macro with the WP25 but it gets fuzzy. The cabs, I believe it is the dads that protect the eggs, are stressed as it is so I try to give them some room.

Yes, zooming is only good if you aren't more then a foot or so away from your subject, preferably less.

Have a great time in Yap and Chuuk! Haven't been there yet - but it's on my short list (Wakatobi this Fall!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom