WKPP Members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I belive he said:

Regards,
Casey McKinlay
Project Director
Woodville Karst Plain Project

"cmck1" is Casey McKinlay, project director of WKPP, as well as oneof the longest serving team members.

Curt Bowen:
Hey, there is lunch and a nice dinnier for 2 if you would just slam me as DIR guys (who think they know everything about diving) normally do.

Keep it a secret just between us!

Sh$#, I let the cat out-of-the bag and posted this note. Dam

Bob - yes, I should be working

Curt - yes, time is valuable these days and while no insult intended for members of the board I rarely spend time out here or on other boards for that matter. While I'm not exactly sure who "Dinger" is or whether it really matters in this case it was simple enough to answer the question and allow people to move on without speculation or misinformation.

I'll let you slide on the $500 for time served but caution against painting all DIR divers with the same brush. I can understand given the history why sometimes it's easy to do but there have been significant changes in the past few years within the WKPP and a tremendous amount of work and committment on the part of GUE to improve quality of training and address image issues. Seperating the "know-everything" personalities from the message is understandably not always easy to do.

As for sidemount, it has it's applications and would probably be something interesting to work on with available time. I could be wrong but I fail to see where DIR = NO Sidemount. I would think DIR philosophy could easily be used in conjunction with sidemount and perhaps is in some cases. Again, not a sidemount expert but I recognize it's usefullness in certain situations. As for the dive offer, I would be concerned about poor sidemount form and hidden cameras. Of course you could always send me one of your sidemount rigs for evaluation although I suspect you might request an RB80 in return.

As for WKPP projects, we are washed out due to all the rain but once conditions begin to clear we will pickup the research and perhaps exploration. The tracing and metering work being done by Todd Kincaid is incredible and providing insight never before thought possible.

Hopefully this is not too far off-topic for this forum but I had some extra time this morning.

Take care,
Casey

cmck1:
I'll let you slide on the $500 for time served but caution against painting all DIR divers with the same brush. I can understand given the history why sometimes it's easy to do but there have been significant changes in the past few years within the WKPP and a tremendous amount of work and committment on the part of GUE to improve quality of training and address image issues. Seperating the "know-everything" personalities from the message is understandably not always easy to do.

As for sidemount, it has it's applications and would probably be something interesting to work on with available time. I could be wrong but I fail to see where DIR = NO Sidemount. I would think DIR philosophy could easily be used in conjunction with sidemount and perhaps is in some cases. Again, not a sidemount expert but I recognize it's usefullness in certain situations. As for the dive offer, I would be concerned about poor sidemount form and hidden cameras. Of course you could always send me one of your sidemount rigs for evaluation although I suspect you might request an RB80 in return.

As for WKPP projects, we are washed out due to all the rain but once conditions begin to clear we will pickup the research and perhaps exploration. The tracing and metering work being done by Todd Kincaid is incredible and providing insight never before thought possible.

Take care,
Casey

I really liked the RB80 idea. LOL

It will be nice to see more exploration continuing with the WKPP. Even with all the BS of past, the WKPP produced amazing exploration results. I am positive it will continue.

As for side mount, you can stay in your normal rig; I broke down all my doubles a couple years ago and converted them all to side mount. It has its draw backs for long penetration expeditions, but most of the exploration I conduct is in small, virgin caves where new passage is always just in front of your nose. The caves are not always nice and the vis many times sucks, but its exploration and laying new line and discovering new passage is always exciting.

Keep me informed about new projects, I would love to come up for a few days and at least shoot some good diver shots and write some editorial for ADM. I will of course provide the team copies of all my photography, for Free.

As for painting DIR divers, many times they are the ones holding the brush and the palate. But I have seen substantial amounts of paint thinner being applied in the last couple years.

Marvintpa:
Please forgive my ignorance, but can someone (prefereably cmck1) tell me who cmck1 is? S/he clearly is in a position of some knowledge on this subject, but I cannot find anything in their profile to indicate such. If this is a breach of protocol I apologize, but I'm guessing the source here has alot to do with how the message is read.

Thanks in advance.
Tom
Hi Tom,

I've taken this information from the bottom of cmck1's first post.

Casey McKinlay
Project Director
Woodville Karst Plain Project

I think this is what you were asking for.

Christian

WJL:
Well, based on Dinger's second post, it seems pretty clear that his first post was not really intended to get an answer to a question about personnel changes at the WKPP. By his own admission, he was trying to stir things up in order to learn "some more regarding the inner workings of the system." That meets my definition of trolling.

How do possibly get "trying to stir things up" from

Dinger:
I am interested as myself and my buddy are becoming more and more interested in this system (we have been diving for 11 and 10 years respectively) and feel that we would like to know some more regarding the inner workings of the system

Sounds more like a potential recruit.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom