Wolf eels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Julian55

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
went out to Ansel Pt tonight and found a nice den with 2 wolf eels in it, I heard they were gone? but I guess not. They are very cool creatures

The hike is fine, just take your time. If this is the same den as there has only been one eel the past while, drop and go to the right, maintain 65' 5-10 minute swim, there is a big rock with a few smaller ones around with a few flowers on top. It is on a sandy slope. They are under there. If you hit the small wall just past it you have gone to far. Back track.

The hike is a bitch, clear of snow but god damn, we did 2 dives and coming up the second one was brutal. my legs were even sore today. yeah to the right around 60ish feet. We didn't get them out but I am pretty sure there were 2 in there. Vis was good.

Cool. Thanks. The last time I was there, there was a massive GPO at 21m off to the right. Deep in a horizontal crack.

We went back on a second dive and tried with some roast beef from my lunch... perhaps it was the horseradish, but he wouldn't go for it. Or, he was a pescatarian.

Don't laugh but I got them out with a banana. Peeled of course.

Did they eat the banana? Or just wanna check it out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom