Wolfs Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Homer901

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I stopped by the dive shop today to find out when the next certification course is and he told me this saturday one starts. I was wondering if anyone from Michigan has ever used/heard of Wolfs Marine. I am seriously thinking about signing up but I want to know if its a good course. Thanks.

Welcome Homer to Scubaboard...I have been to Wolfs Marine but, no real experience with them. Good luck with your class, let us know how it goes.

I think you'd get better answers on this forum...

Great Lakes Wrecking Crew
Including the states of Northern Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Western Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Or just click here!

What part of Southwest Michigan? Sub Aquatic in Battle Creek seems pretty good. I wasn't trained there but I've browsed a bit and chated with the owner and Manager. Real good selection of a equipment, price is right. Not sure about Kalamazoo I think they had one shop that is going out of business I think because the owner is retiring.

Wolf's Marine looks to be PADI and dable in all areas of aquatic sports (Jack of all trades). Not that it matters, it'll be the instructor you get that makes or breaks how you feel about the course and how you respond to there teaching style.

I live in St. Joseph. About 45 minutes from Kzoo. I know of maybe one more dive shop in my area but have been told that wolfs is better.

I would chat with the instructor then about the class, what to expect and such, it would get you a pretty good feel for there teaching style and how they may handle one on one training situations. I took mine through MSU as a 1 credit elective so they had to structure it somewhat as a college class which made it possibly more regemented/acedemic in nature then what I imagine most dive classes may be. Was an easy 4.0 though.

I will say that I have not heard of Wolfs (but that don't make it bad), but Sub-Aquatic Sports is a great dive shop! I have been train through them and have taken several trips with them and they have treated me with great respect, they are a first class operation! They do do classes all over the area...they do some at KVCC and at KCollege in Kzoo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom