Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Drysuit Diver--will dive anywhere

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Technical Diver

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely a warm water wuss. Did my first resort dive in Cabo, dove for a week in Belize and am going to cozumel in March. my only cold dive was in a PA quarry for my o/w, and the only thing i remember about that is it was too cold!

I usually dives between 54 and 59, wet suit. Warm is nice, of course, but Channel-Atlantic meeting has so much under-water treasures!

Rhizophora79:
Just what kind of diver are you?

I'll dive anywhere...Using a FFM and the right dive gear helps when diving in our beautiful and cold Pacific kelp gardens, but if I could click my fins and be any where, you better believe it would be playing in warm water... I love the Keys!

Didn't vote cause I don't really fit in any of them. Living in Britain if I want to dive all year it has to be cold as I cannot afford to jet off to the red sea whenever the mood takes me :(
Love cold water sea diving but *hate* cold water quarry diving, there is no pleasure in it at all. That said, if it is all that is available then I'll take it and I plan on arranging some weekends in a quarry with some very specific aims - trim, navigation, SMB use etc will all be getting devoted trips to a quarry for practice purposes.

I plan on doing some local Texas lake diving, now that I moved to Houston.
In the past I have always dove in 76 degrees or warmer.
But, I'm open..as long as there is something to see. I'm not really into diving in mud just to get wet.

I prefer the cold water diving. That's where you'll get the best preserved ship wrecks. The warm water is nice for holidays, but nothing compares to being in the captains quarters of a wreck.

It's not all about pretty fish and coral around here.

scuba_jenny:
TOf course the opportunity has never arose for me to dive anywhere else.

has arose? what is the world coming to?

anyway, i'm a nerd and i love technical diving. yes, fish and clear water are cool, but not really necessary. warm water in the summer and cold water in the winter.

shakesrear:
has arose? what is the world coming to?

Even in California, there are those of us who would never end a sentence with a preposition unless really intoxicated. Now where is that winking smilie when I need him?

Anyway, have drysuit, will do cold water, but tech doesn't interest me. I do want to see fish and plants; that's why I go diving. The idea of cave diving gives me the creeps.

Since I learned to dive in The Great White North, I learned very early on that if I wanted to have any appreciable time u/w, it would have to be in a drysuit. Our motto was "if the water's open, we're in it!" :wink:

However, between two years aboard a sailboat in the Bahamas and winding up here in GA, the coldest water we've been in has been about 57F. (Still in a drysuit, of course!)

So, where do I fit?

DSDO,

I think you fit into the normal set of divers. I'm the same, I wear my drysuit on every dive except when in the pool with students.

You couldn't pay me to actually get wet in open water in our area.

Now the Bahamas is different, I wore a 5mm full when I was there last year and it was 80F (25C). Some of my friends wore their 7mm semi-dry suits.

No matter what you're wearing (unless equipped with Argon) after an hour of bottom time you're going to get chilly.

Back
Top Bottom