Women Divers - Would You Wear ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not think I would like a neoprene 'swimsuit' and I prefer a bikini style suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Between dives it would be either too hot or too cold. It would also be itchy. Why on earth would someone want to do that?

Clover Canyon makes really cute photo printed neoprene suits. One pieces and 2 pieces in 2 mm neoprene like materials.

Nope, does not sound appealing at all. I would wear a neoprene vest over my tankini if I needed more core warmth, but all my diving is done in warm water so a 5mm wetsuit has always been sufficient. I still think a tankini without any fancy ties or buckles is the best. It's super comfortable during and between dives.

I immediately said NO but for different reasons. I explained to this group of men that many women do not want to pee in their wetsuits and when we need to use the facilities, I personally do not want to strip down to my knees leaving myself exposed just to pee. The entire group had red-faces having not considered women's concerns. (it may not seem so but it was funny)

I didn't even get as far as to consider the additional buoyancy - who wants to add more weight! :)

:) seems funny to me. :)

I had the same first thought as Ronda. Also, frankly, if you did pee in it, it would be impossible to rinse it with a quick half-zip and flood/rinse while still underwater like a wetsuit (which is my go-to method if I absolutely can't wait). A one-piece made of something as thick as neoprene just sounds really bulky and chafing-prone right next to the skin. So nope.

What is a neopreme bathng suit. Sounds like a skimpy wet suit you wear with nothing else. Would it be the same as no sleave kind of shorty or a vest for core protection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom