Women make better divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In some cases yes, in other cases no. Generalizations and statistics, yippee!

This article says so and I agree.

Could the article be more broad in the statements? Painting with WAYYYY too wide a brush. Probably just confirmed the biases of the author.

Did a quick google search to see if her data was published, and couldn't find any. Has anyone seen the raw data and/or methods for this research?

Best,

Nope, better strippers...:)

I haven't read the article. However, in my general experience 80 % of all women are better decision makers than most men. This equates to smarter diving. Plus, they can stretch a bottle of gas like no one's business.

X

.... Plus, they can stretch a bottle of gas like no one's business.

X

Yep, my lovely bride uses a HP80 and I use the HP100, she always has more air than I do when we surface!:wink:

Yep, my lovely bride uses a HP80 and I use the HP100, she always has more air than I do when we surface!:wink:

So true. When I was teaching in Calif. I always had to keep an eye on the male students wearing 80's whereas with the gals...I didn't have to check nearly as much (63's & 80's) plus, they'd typically let me know if they were getting close to any limits. Far more conservative which was something I appreciated a lot. Also, interesting that the article generates from India. A country where women work damn harder than the men.

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom