Womens Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icemyst7

Reaction score
As soon as I finish getting certified I want to go for my advanced training. The problem is that we have to have our own gear. Were is the best place to get a wetsuit that fits our shapely forms at the best price?

Alot of women can wear wetsuits off the rack. If you are one of those who need a custom suit, I can recommend LiquidFit

I have several of their suits. I usually have to send them back for some minor tweaking but after that they fit like a glove...a Liquid glove :hehe:

My wife is expecting her suit this week. I will have her post to your thread when it arrives

Because I get cold easily (I mean REALLY easily) I have 8 different exposure suits that I mix and match. And, as one of my dive buddies politely put it, I'm built "nonstandard" -- petite with a big bust and hips.

When I started looking at heavier wetsuits, I couldn't even get 6.5mm and 7mm suits over my hips. After trying on literally every heavy wetsuit in the Orlando area, I thought I would have to go custom before someone suggested I try Henderson hyperstretch. I crossed my fingers and mail-ordered one, and I couldn't be happier. It's less expensive than a custom suit, and extremely comfortable. It would be worth trying for you -- especially if you have a LDS that carries Henderson (which I don't).

Hope this helps!

Julie

I just got a great suit from Aquaflite. They have a WEB site, but you can't order directly from there. You can buy off the rack, or they tell you how to take measurements and they will custom make. I went off the rack, and mine fits great.

I have a Genesis ladies wetsuit 5m 2 piece that I find comfortable.

Everything changed the week Henderson put out its amazing new fabric. I am a big gal, and my stolen 7mm custom suit seemed a disaster! But I pulled on that comfortable suit & no longer cared about the stiff suit I had lost. A student in our next OW class had "custom suit" hips. She went Hyperstretch. Our instructor (a big guy) bought one while his custom suit was in the repair shop. Sorry to be a cheerleader, but I really love what it feels like to wear a suit right off the rack.

Okay, my question may be unappreciated, but please don't take it that way, for I used to be a big girl myself. But I recently bought a 7 mm Henderson Gold in a size 8 and am curious if they have the hyperstretch to fit the smaller sizes as well. I definitely don't consider myself small in any stretch of the imagination. I'm 5'8", 150. But it seems that this is an awesome suit and I might just want one!!! See art.chick, you should be getting a commission!!! :eek:ut:

Divers Direct (from the catalogue) will sell their custom fit comp semidry suits, either 7/5 or 5/3 mil, for $285. Off the rack they are $200. A good deal if money is a concern. Mine took some getting used to but after three dives I really like it and the water is definately cold here. :cold:

Hey Scuba Princess -- OF course your question is appreciated... and, yes I have seen the hyperstretch material in regular off the rack sizes... you might want to just call some of the local dive shops and ask if they carry it... and then go try it on...

In my opinion, hyperstretch is to regular neoprene like lycra spandex is to old fashioned rubber girdles. -- A tremendous step forward!!!!

You sound like you would make a great ally of the 'Big Adventurers'

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom