Womens Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would make a great ally! I have nothing against larger sized women or men for that matter, I just was unhappy being large, so I changed that! But I can appreciate anyone who acts human, regardless of size, shape or any other physical appearance. Again, I'm not small, but I am now the smallest in my family!:D I am much more active and happy this way too, so I guess it was right for me.

I just spent an arm and a leg on my wetsuit, so now I swim around in circles!!:jester: haha. So I don't know if I'll get one anytime soon, but they sound awesome!!!

Do you need to wear a lycra skin underneath to help you slick on the wetsuit?

I love Henderson suits and have several, although not a hyperstretch. But there's something about me and neoprene -- it won't slide onto my skin without lycra underneath. (Okay, I can force a gold core on...)

I'd love to give up the skins -- it's one extra step when getting dressed. (Although my DiveGoddess skins are awesome!)

Originally posted by ladycute1
Hey Scuba Princess -- OF course your question is appreciated... and, yes I have seen the hyperstretch material in regular off the rack sizes... you might want to just call some of the local dive shops and ask if they carry it... and then go try it on...

In my opinion, hyperstretch is to regular neoprene like lycra spandex is to old fashioned rubber girdles. -- A tremendous step forward!!!!

You sound like you would make a great ally of the 'Big Adventurers'

Liz

Mine is not a Henderson... It is a Liquid Fit... but is of the super / hyper stretch material and it slides on very easily.

Liz

Do you need to wear a lycra skin underneath to help you slick on the wetsuit?

I don't think I "need" to wear a lycra skin underneath my hyperstretch. When I first tried it on, I did so without a skin and it wasn't bad. But like all other wetsuits, when it's wet, it doesn't go on nearly as easily. I like to wear a skin underneath my 7/5 so that if I take it off between dives, I can get it back on more easily. I'm sure it was entertaining as could be to watch me trying to pull on the wet hyperstretch, becuase when it doens't slide on easily and you pull on it, it has a lot of give before it actually starts to slide on. :)

Julie

i was afraid someone would say that. i guess i won't put my skins out in the trash :)))

thanks!

judy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom