Unknown Woody From “Dive Talk” DCS and Medical Journey

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not looking for a conspiracy, I would just like to hear the rest of it.
Funny, I seem to remember someone (I think their handle started with CT... ) suggesting that "the rest of it" was none of our business. Or at least we had no right to any expectation of "the rest of it".

Funny, I seem to remember someone (I think their handle started with CT... ) suggesting that "the rest of it" was none of our business. Or at least we had no right to any expectation of "the rest of it".
I said they were no obligation to do it, people were demanding answers base on the reader's timetable. I am not going to sue them if I don't get what I was promised. I thought they were meeting with DAN in February. This is called a reasonable expectation. I want to know if there has been an update.

I said they were no obligation to do it, people were demanding answers base on the reader's timetable. I am not going to sue them if I don't get what I was promised. I thought they were meeting with DAN in February. This is called a reasonable expectation. I want to know if there has been an update.
I concur...just wanted to hear how DAN ironed out any issues as DT described them....personal interest since who knows when I might need DAN's assistance after a diving emergency....devil is in the details and after the fact finding holes in the treatment protocols is too late.

So, no obligation but a responsibility to explain exactly what can and can't be accomplished by calling DAN for help. Nobody cares more about the welfare of an injured diver more than the injured diver; personal responsibility for assumption of risk, I get that. But without a well defined and detailed picture of treatment options you are SOL. Hoping for the best is no substitution for preparing for the worst.

I concur...just wanted to hear how DAN ironed out any issues as DT described them....personal interest since who knows when I might need DAN's assistance after a diving emergency....devil is in the details and after the fact finding holes in the treatment protocols is too late.

So, no obligation but a responsibility to explain exactly what can and can't be accomplished by calling DAN for help. Nobody cares more about the welfare of an injured diver more than the injured diver; personal responsibility for assumption of risk, I get that. But without a well defined and detailed picture of treatment options you are SOL. Hoping for the best is no substitution for preparing for the worst.
Fair assumption, assuming issues as DT described them are as DT described them.
Even if they had a sit-down on Feb 10th and nothing was disagreed on, I guess it takes time to come up with a presentable story-line, record and edit it. I expect this to be mid March.

1708894141188.png

Back
Top Bottom