Worst Mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when I lost the nudie I was trying to photograph because I looked away to fumble with something

There's not a whole lot of nudists that dive in the local waters around here but I can imagine the distraction it would cause!

I actually like reading about these, thanks for all that posted. We read lots about the "real" accidents that cause investigation, but it is these "almost" accidents that always lead up to the real one. Complacency seems to be a real killer, just like in any other activity. lots learn from.

There's not a whole lot of nudists that dive in the local waters around here but I can imagine the distraction it would cause!

:rofl3:

(you did know I meant nudibranchs, right?) :wink:

I don't think everyone was being hard because the guy didn't purge. It was because he initially stated he hadn't learned how to purge yet (even though he was apparently learning SMB deployment skills). Then once called on it, explained he didn't have enough air in his lungs to do so. This created another round since you can purge a reg without ANY air in your lungs (tongue in hole, purge button). To start out with "I was freaked and made an error" versus "I wasn't taught" wouldn't have met with the same responses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom