Worst of Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have managed to live out my life without committing any felonies, certainly not to be treated as a criminal.

And, of course everyone knows that about you before they even meet you, so it was definitely inappropriate that they watched you from a discreet distance. At Tiffany's they would have given you the run of the place and nobody would even have glanced in your direction while you were pawing through the sterling keychains.

And, of course everyone knows that about you before they even meet you, so it was definitely inappropriate that they watched you from a discreet distance. At Tiffany's they would have given you the run of the place and nobody would even have glanced in your direction while you were pawing through the sterling keychains.

I have always found them very helpful there, including the jewelry section. I appreciate assistance when trying things on and if I tell them I'm just browsing, they step back. Like many businesses, I imagine they have certain losses due to pilfering of smaller items that are easy to hide in a purse or bag.

Seriously? I never even touch or handle(pawing??) merchandise that I am not actually interested in purchasing-especially jewelry. If somebody is this paranoid about their business and treats their clientele as such, put your goods in a case or look into another business. I prefer shops with artisans who are proud to represent their product and not provide such a scuzzy outlook towards their customers.

Seriously? I never even touch or handle(pawing??) merchandise that I am not actually interested in purchasing-especially jewelry. If somebody is this paranoid about their business and treats their clientele as such, put your goods in a case or look into another business. I prefer shops with artisans who are proud to represent their product and not provide such a scuzzy outlook towards their customers.
In our fair country which totally lacks racial discrimination and scuzziness, black people are routinely shadowed by store security and sales personnel. Shopping while black - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So it only stands to reason that gringos are given the same treatment in Mexico. After all, everyone knows that gringos are all shifty drunks. What self-respecting merchant wouldn't cringe when a group of tattooed wife-beater-wearing thuggish American drunks comes staggering from the Carnival ship into his fine establishment of marble floors and polished glass cases? Even if a particular gringo doesn't fit that mold, it's guilt by association.

Sorry about your awful experience. We just returned from a week of great diving in Coz. Vis. was good, some dives had lots of current, but that's Coz. We have returned 10 times because we love the drift diving and the island. It sounds as though the dive operation was dicey at best! There are much better on the island.

not so much a divestory, but my last cruise there was awesome for me, not others.

2 people had a tire go flat, and they wrecked. had to have the cruise ship come get them from the hospital. not so good.

the other scooter rental had the tire actually fall off.... They did not make it out of the hospital. a lot of broken bones on that one

My suggestion to cruisers is to not rent any vehicle. An accident could result in you missing your boat.

Many people will ignore said advise which is fine. I am not the one who would have serious issues if I miss a cruise ship.

why rent a car or any other vehicle on Coz? I used to rent cars when we went to Playa del Carmen. Life is so much easier without a car. Lets have fun instead and let a couple or more taxi drivers make a living. And if they quote to high of a price to give you a ride, walk.

why rent a car or any other vehicle on Coz? I used to rent cars when we went to Playa del Carmen. Life is so much easier without a car. Lets have fun instead and let a couple or more taxi drivers make a living. And if they quote to high of a price to give you a ride, walk.

I get in, give them my destination, pay the correct fare on arrival, and get out. Easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom