Worst Tech Diver EVER??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As with any sport the best have egos and that is the simple truth.
You learn to accept it and push yourself to be the best diver you can be.
All Tech divers assholes? I would say quite the opposite!
I would say yes there are always a few in a crowd, however there are far more extremely gifted, quality males and females who are very approachable.

Ignorant questions and the same old things tend to wear people out.
Most just want to do their dives and relax unbothered.
I feel that some are just misunderstood when perceived as being rude.

CamG

WorldVenn.png

Not sure this is a tech diver, but I guess it's pretty close ?

On a more serious note, any "bad" diver to me is one that doesn't strive to become better, safer, and also generally doesn't try to help others. In this case, I'm obviously laughing at a poor guy who probably thinks he's doing great, so I guess that makes me a bad diver / ******* as well.

Attachments

• 10986912_10153708772260476_6648498520118580712_n.jpg
    10986912_10153708772260476_6648498520118580712_n.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 355
I personally loath the individuals who seem to think that they are better than others just because they dive deeper, go into caves, rebreather, etc. While I understand that there are some competitions in the sport itself, there is no reason to be a complete D-Bag to people who medically cannot, choose not to or have no interest in doing the things that you do. Diving should be enjoyed by everyone. If you are the type to photograph others only to point out their flaws, you are the personification of the word A**HOLE!!

I feel like that's aimed at me, I might be wrong though. If I am, just discard it =). So I'll just add: this picture was boasted by a dive shop in my area as "Sidemount is becoming more and more common for extended range, cave and wreck diving. Join now and train with us!". Seeing the price of that training, I'm not sure if I'm the ******* or the instructor is :idk:

I feel like that's aimed at me, I might be wrong though. If I am, just discard it =). So I'll just add: this picture was boasted by a dive shop in my area as "Sidemount is becoming more and more common for extended range, cave and wreck diving. Join now and train with us!". Seeing the price of that training, I'm not sure if I'm the ******* or the instructor is :idk:

Oh no... that was not aimed at you at all. There are a few out there that seem to find joy in photographing students on their first dives and point out all of the things they are doing wrong. Then they attack the instructor for being "obviously worthless at their job". While this has legitimately never happened to me, I have had friends stumble upon social media posts making fun of their students. While being critical of someone's teaching style is just fine, at least talk to the person themselves.

Not sure this is a tech diver, but I guess it's pretty close ?

On a more serious note, any "bad" diver to me is one that doesn't strive to become better, safer, and also generally doesn't try to help others. In this case, I'm obviously laughing at a poor guy who probably thinks he's doing great, so I guess that makes me a bad diver / ******* as well.

I am a newbie, but from what I has reading before I started my classes, and buying gear, it looked like I would need to go toward side mount in order to do what I want to do. That being said, it sure looks clumsy, and uncomfortable. More to learn.

I am a newbie, but from what I has reading before I started my classes, and buying gear, it looked like I would need to go toward side mount in order to do what I want to do. That being said, it sure looks clumsy, and uncomfortable. More to learn.

More clumsy on land...in the water I find it far less clumsy (way more stable) and more comfortable.

Its always annoying when dive shops post promotional pictures with horrible standards...but that is a whole other hornets nest. The important thing to me is a diver is always trying to improve themselves and their diving. Whether it be in the technical realm or just recreational. I've met divers with bad trim and backfinning was a foreign concept to them at dive 50~100 :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom