Would you dive Cuba if it opens for Americans??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheap is the word, my fellow Canadians go down there for a week all inclusive, flights included for $990.

Castro put limits on fishing or so I've read. Big on ocean protection and the like.

By necessity (can't afford) there is no use of artificial fertilizer so there isn't a huge runoff issue.

Why we all don't go red and live in paradise is beyond me, but we did go Liberal up here last week so maybe we are???...lol

The LDS owner just down the road spends over 4 months a year taking people down to Cuba. We looked at it but I'm not hot on the prospect. Rather go to Coz any day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheap is the word, my fellow Canadians go down there for a week all inclusive, flights included for $990.

Castro put limits on fishing or so I've read. Big on ocean protection and the like.

By necessity (can't afford) there is no use of artificial fertilizer so there isn't a huge runoff issue.

Why we all don't go red and live in paradise is beyond me, but we did go Liberal up here last week so maybe we are???...lol

The LDS owner just down the road spends over 4 months a year taking people down to Cuba. We looked at it but I'm not hot on the prospect. Rather go to Coz any day.

Can you provide a link for these AI deals please. How many dives can you get in during a week?

I was speaking of mass cheap 2* beach All inclusive tourists.

You can check out my local LDS's trips

http://www.aquasubscuba.com/trips/

$1200 CDN for a week all in plus air.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

several off topic posts were deleted.

I, too, have heard the diving is not all that great.

Currently, the packages that are available to us Americans are being offered at bloated prices, because the only fully legal (licensed by the Treasury Dept.) trips are those that involve some sort of cultural exchange or "people to people" interaction. So there will be some sort of cultural element to the trip beyond just the diving. You are paying for the trip organizer to include this, as well as secure the Treasury Dept. license that covers you, plus enough profit to make the hassle worthwhile.

Can you provide a link for these AI deals please. How many dives can you get in during a week?

I know you didn't ask, but I'll add nonetheless that these economical packages available to people from Canada and elsewhere do not satisfy the legal requirements for Americans. To flout the law and take advantage of them, you'd have to depart from, say, Canada.

I, too, have heard the diving is not all that great.

Currently, the packages that are available to us Americans are being offered at bloated prices, because the only fully legal (licensed by the Treasury Dept.) trips are those that involve some sort of cultural exchange or "people to people" interaction. So there will be some sort of cultural element to the trip beyond just the diving. You are paying for the trip organizer to include this, as well as secure the Treasury Dept. license that covers you, plus enough profit to make the hassle worthwhile.

I know you didn't ask, but I'll add nonetheless that these economical packages available to people from Canada and elsewhere do not satisfy the legal requirements for Americans. To flout the law and take advantage of them, you'd have to depart from, say, Canada.

Not worth the hassle. I can get the cultural exchange free of charge in Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom