Would you dive with a non-DIR diver?

Would you dive directly with a non-DIR diver?

• Not without a significant predive briefing

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Yes if I or someone I trusted vouched for his skills

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Yes, but only in rec diving conditions

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a KISS diver, I would not dive with a DIR diver without a serious pre-dive briefing on the KISS principles and practices.

Just remember that passing DIRf is like passing remedial English and you will have a better perspective on yourself... and others.

Uncle Pug, that is SO true. And I haven't passed remedial English yet . . .

If it weren't for the wonderful GUE-trained people who have dived with me, I wouldn't have taken Fundies, and I wouldn't have learned as much as I have. Not only have I not encountered a DIR diver who wouldn't dive with me, but the one I have dived with have been supportive and encouraging, and have freely shared tips and ideas.

I would not dive with a DIR diver - I already have an ex-wife.

daniel f aleman:
Which means?

daniel f aleman:
Which begs the question ... then why are you constantly in the DIR forum?

Kinda like a preacher in a house of ill repute, ain't it?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Which begs the question ... then why are you constantly in the DIR forum?

Kinda like a preacher in a house of ill repute, ain't it?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

I first hit the "New Posts" button when I come on, and go down the list... I have never intentionally gone into the DIR forum directly. :wink:

And, of course I would dive with (and have a 100 times) DIR divers; I just try to tune out the enthusiasm and self-justifications...

daniel f aleman:
Bob,

I first hit the "New Posts" button when I come on, and go down the list... I have never intentionally gone into the DIR forum directly. :wink:

And, of course I would dive with (and have a 100 times) DIR divers; I just try to tune out the enthusiasm and self-justifications...

There is a wonderful configuration in your UserCP that allows to to exclude forums from displaying in the "New Posts". :)

Come on, GUE/DIR stuff is just dive hyperbole/marketing that PADI wishes it had though of first!

Now that would be kewl..."PADI DIR-F now offered at an LDS near you, sign up today!"

narcT:
Come on, GUE/DIR stuff is just dive hyperbole/marketing that PADI wishes it had though of first!

have you taken a GUE class yet?

i think you might change your mind

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom