Wreck diver missing at Djuro- Sweden 3/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bacaruda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
One diver is missing after an accident at Svartfotsvraket- Djuro, east of Stockholm.
A dive pair ran into problems during a course at the wreck lying on a slope, depth ranging between 15-55 ft. After accending rapidly from 55 ft, the surface organisation managed to rescue one of the divers who were taken to hospital, but the other sank unconscious to the bottom.
The search were canceled late saturday evening and will not be resumed until monday due to weather conditions.

Uppdate: The Missing diver was found dead close to the wreck on tuesday.

RIP. Any details as to what happened?

Is it accurate to state that this incident occurred as part of a class? If so, what class?

The fatal accident occured during the third dive of an AOW class. I assume that it was the "wreck"-part, but don't know for sure. (Svartfotsvraket is a easy wreck to dive often visited by diving schools.I did my AOW wreck dive there)
Me and my daughter were suppose to do our dry-suit speciality with the involved dive-center on sunday, 4th oct. Our course where obviously canceled.
The second diver were able to leave hospital the same evening (don't have any more information about him).
The deceased were a 33 year old male.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom