Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NOAA does have a associate that will produce prints. I do not know if this image is included but if you go to Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary Science & Research - Notes From the Field and click the "contact us" link on the bottom of the page you might find out where to go. They used to have a direct link to the site but they are currently in a re-design of their site.

And did I here someone say FLORIDA?
Here's another couple. I hope these will erase the cold, dark, and scary reputation the Great Lakes have in warmer climes.
DeckSection.jpg

Bow2.jpg

Last edited:
Tough call. I did my first trimix certification dive on the King in Lake Huron this past summer and it was fantastic. But my second trimix cert dive was on the Dunderberg and that's a favorite for sure. I have about a half dozen dives on it and just love that wreck. She's a beauty.

Tough call. I did my first trimix certification dive on the King in Lake Huron this past summer and it was fantastic. But my second trimix cert dive was on the Dunderberg and that's a favorite for sure. I have about a half dozen dives on it and just love that wreck. She's a beauty.

I am hoping my first Trimix dive will be on the King in July this year. Really looking forward to it! Did you get any pictures of it? I would love to get some more detail on the wreck before I get out there.

Has anyone dove the SS Wisconsin? I've been wanting to dive it for awhile now. It seems to be a pretty cool wreck.

My plan is to be diving the SS Wisconsin in late July. I plan on taking video while on the wreck. From everything I have seen so far, it looks like a great wreck site.

Favorite dive on the Great Lakes? The next one. There's just too many really interesting dives to pin it down. Here is a video I did on wrecks on Wisconsins west coast. It doesn't cover them all, hence the name, Diving lake Michigan, A Little Taste. It will however give you some insight on what you can expect. At least I hope it will. LOL.

Jim

Diving lake Michigan, a little taste

Jim,

That's a nice video! I enjoyed watching it, thanks for posting it. The Milwaukee has been on my list for awhile now as well. I am slowly working my way north, the past two years I have been diving the shallower wrecks around Chicago and Indiana. The Great Lakes are amazing!

Back
Top Bottom