Wrecked in Illinois

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just joined up to Scuba Board after trying for several months. I am a newbie at posting on a chat medium like this but am an avid diver so thought I would try.

Diving in Lake Michigan is some of the best diving in the world. I am sure I will have many people with another opinon. That's OK. To drop down the line in 50 to 80' vis and seeing a wreck from the early 1900's or late 1800's is a unique thrill. Most are presrved as if they just went down due to the fresh cold water. I invite all of our warm water friends to join us in the great lakes and experience a diferant type of diving where the water is cooler and the diving is intense.

I do enjoy diving in Calif and Coz as well but, the great lakes is still dear to my heart.

I look forward to talking with others who share this passion and also with others that don't. Most important.... KEEP DIVING AND ALWAYS HAVE FUN DOING IT!!

Welcome to the board! Would love to come dive the lakes sometime. Might get a chance next summer if we decide on a vacation in that area.

happywave.gif
Hi idiver and Welcome to :sblogo:

Welcome to the board! What is the typical water temp of Lake Michigan during the summer months? Do you wear 7 mm or a drysuit?

Water temp in Lake Mi at this time of the year is 48deg at depth. About 64 at the surface. The therm is about 38 feet. We will dive this in 5mm. When it gets cooler, is when we shift to our dry suits. Would enjoy taking you to the Car Ferry Milwaukee. This was featured on a Deep Sea Dectives episode. Let me know if you can ever make it here for a dive.

Seeing an old wooden shipwreck in great condition is quite a treat.

smilies-35311.png

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

don
bananawave.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom