Wreckmania # 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swamp Rat,

I think you mean Grapa. It comes in many flavors. My personal experience with the stuff was a blueberry flavor but same response. We had been at Aviano AFB about a week and we went downtown into the villiage for dinner. The waitress asked us if we wanted a shot of Grapa to help with digestion. We were all game so we took a shot. By the time we got back to the gate, I couldn't feel my ears or nose. It only got worse from there. I spent the night sleeping face down on a picnic table with my face hanging off the end over a 55 gallon trash barrel.

I swore off Grapa after that. I knew some guys who brought bottles of it back to the states as gifts for friends and family. You have to worry about someone who thinks that is a gift!

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Wreckaminacs with apologies to Rhymin' Simon, and all those who love his "Kodachrome"

When I think back on all the crap,
I learned from Walter...
It's wonder that -I-
Can dive at all!
And though my lack of penetration
hasn't hurt me none!
I can still do my deco,
On a wall!!!

Wrecka-maaaaaaaaniacs
We're diving deep in the ocean!
A dozen bo-o-dies in motion!
Penetrating wrecks
that are thirty meters deep, Oh yeah!

Dee's got her Oly-y-ympus camera
Wishin' you a-a-all was down there,
Tieing off lines,
and then singing these parodies...

If you took all the wrecks I knew,
'fore I met Walter.
And put them all together for one dive!
You know I never was that safe,
Till I learned this from Walter...
Always take a line when you go inside!

Wrecka-maaaaaaaaniacs
We're diving deep in the ocean!
A dozen bo-o-dies in perfect motion!
Penetrating wrecks
that are thirty meters deep, Oh yeah!

Dee's got her Oly-y-ympus camera
Wishin' you a-a-all was down there,
Tieing off lines,
and then singing these parodies...

We sure do need a gee-tar picker on this trip! Or maybe a Kareoke machine with the music from all your parodies. Yea...we could all sing along!

:( I have some sad news for Sunshinefish, I will not be making the wreckmania trip and she now needs a room mate. I hope that there is another female that is interested in this spot. I am very sorry to cancel, but after giving this a lot of thought I do not feel I am or will be ready for these dives. In comparison with many going I am very, very beginner and not quite as technical oriented as some either. I am working on the experience and plan to do alot of diving with my dive shop on several trips that they make. I am going this coming Thurs, with them to do a liveaboard in the Bahamas. I will be going to WPB in May and to Cozumel with them in place of Wreckmania. I also, will go back to WPB with them for Labor Day weekend. Hopefully another liveaboard in the fall. Since Dema is in October they may not schedule one. Again, I am sorry to change my mind on this as most everyone sounds like alot of fun. It is just the diving part seems to be more than I am ready for. I will keep everyone posted on my trips and hopefully gained experiences. ;-(

Just (oh about 5 hours ago) got back from Florida - spent a day with NetDoc, and a few with Walter. Yeehaw -- I'll tell you these guys are a hoot in person!

Walter and I travelled down to the site of Wreckmania, and you guys are in for a treat. The hotel is a small family run style place, right along side the beach. Convenient walking distance to lots of places to eat, and just a mile down the road from the charter that will be used. Walter and I visited a couple of reefs one day, and then some of the wrecks you'll be visiting the next. You will enjoy yourselves -- not only with the charter, but with the wrecks.

I'll be posting a "My Florida Adventure" as soon as I wake up a bit more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom