Wreckmania # 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by NetDoc
a limited, signed, special Wreckmaniac edition of Dee Rags??? Something with a skull and cross bones would be appropriate!

Hate to disappoint but I can't find skull and crossbone fabric anywhere! Besides, you can get those at any Harley shop or Army Navy surplus store.

I'll be happy to make special edition Dee-Rags if there's enough interest. I've got some great fish/reef fabric I've been saving just for such an occasion!

Yeah! Dee-Rag for me too! :pirate:

Hey Mom- looks like you are getting voted from the boys over in the "So far about 125 members here have ...." thread.

I have a skull & crossbones. It's one of the ones I wear least. Leave the design to the expert. Dee will come up with something we'll all like.

I'm with Walter.....not big into the skulls and crossbones thing.
Sign me up for a "special edition" Dee Rag. Suggestion: Lite color
would be cooler.

Originally posted by Swamp Rat
Alright, What is a DEE rag? Is it a skull cap? Hey what ever it is since everyone wants one. I want one too.

They are commonly called doo-rags. The name springs from their usefulness to the bikers who made them famous....protect your head (especially if you are hair deficient) from the sun, a rag to be used for various uses, a statement of personality and recognition among their peers. You could *do* lot of things with it.

It snugly fits the shape of your head and ties to fit in the back. The tail in the back protectes the back of your neck from sunburn. I've tweeked the design to make them fit lower on the forehead and the band to tie snugger so that when you wear it while diving, no bubbles get underneath. This way you don't have to worry about taking it on and off to dive and possibly losing it.

I've been making them for Beast for over 30 years, evolving from his bikers days to his diver days. A friend has always called them Dee-rags instead of doo-rags because of my nickname so when I started selling them to divers, the name stuck.

If you click on Dee-Rags under my signature, you'll see my website. Have patience for the loading and be kind...I'm an HTML idiot!

Dee's "Dee Rags" are also great for the ladies with long hair. I have one that I find myself using all the time to keep my hair out of my face or just for those "bad hair days".

Originally posted by NetDoc
To the tune "Animaniacs"

We're Wreck-a-maniacs!
Yes, Wreck-a-maniacs!
When we dive into the blue,
Its like a total zoo!
What more could you ask!
Just so you folks can keep us straight, this thread is being sponsord by:
  • Yakko (TexasMike)
    Wakko (Pete)
    and Dot (Natasha, since she's the cute one)
And when we see Heather or Dee, we yell, "HELLLLOOOO NURSE!"

Now who do we label as Pinky (NARF!) and who becomes The Brain?

"Gee Brain, where are we going to dive tonight?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom