wreckvalley.com is being temporarily put on hold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hambleto

Club Web Master
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just wanted to post a brief message letting you know that I am putting a temporary holding page up on wreckvalley.com. I am doing this as a sign of good faith to scubaboard.com until an issue can be resolved in regards to the domain name. The gallery is still up and available and the e-mail forwards are still functioning. If you have any questions please contact me.

I can take a guess as to what the hold is all about, but what about just registering wreckvalley.org, since we are an organization, not a company and giving the name wreckvalley.com to the people who are contesting it as a sign of good faith?

Just a thought,

Ben

To make a long story short and not go into detail that will get me kicked off and banned on scubaboard.com

There may have been a Terms of Services violation by registering wreckvalley.com that I or anyone I have spoken to in wreckvalley was aware of.

I have been in contact with some of the founding members of wreckvalley about this and I am waiting on their replys, opinions, and feelings. I will not go into more detail here. If you have a question, please feel free to PM me or e-mail me.

I think maybe if we have that little non diving get together that you posted before I left, maybe we should also make it the first official wreck valley meeting, and discuss this.

I just heard about this today, and to say I'm upset would be a huge understatement. Instead of going into too much detail here, let me just say:

1- Maybe we should just change the name of the forum
2- It makes no sense having 2 sites (.com and .org)
3- I'd rather see us run the WV site

A meeting or conference call is definately in order.
I think it will work out better than most expect.

Maybe we can try to plan something for next weekend. I think the sooner the better.

Just to get it done with and also otherwise it may not happen until after the new year.

I don't understand why the individual is having a problem with us using wreckvalley.com. He has been around for years and has had ample oppertunity to register it. He has made enough $ off it and stripping artifact out of wrecks. ( that is a whole different story)
If someone wants to PM me and expalin it me that would be great. As far as I know who ever registers it owns it.

Thanks
H2O lover

I don't understand why the individual is having a problem with us using wreckvalley.com. He has been around for years and has had ample oppertunity to register it. He has made enough $ off it and stripping artifact out of wrecks. ( that is a whole different story)
If someone wants to PM me and expalin it me that would be great. As far as I know who ever registers it owns it.

Thanks
H2O lover

Back
Top Bottom