Wrinkles April '07 Dive, BBQ and Campout Planning Thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesster:
I'll most likely be there, the camraderie sounds fun but I must admit that a full day of diving Vet's doesn't excite me that much. Anyone up for a quickie car ride downcoast (Malaga or OML) for at least one of the dives?
If we can get the chicks to come with us, I'm all for it. :wink:

CompuDude:
If we can get the chicks to come with us, I'm all for it. :wink:

I haven't even seen any of the lovely diving divas saying they will be there. Hmmm, sausage party....:shakehead

I'm having a hard time talking myself into a drive, well from my house, that is at least 2 hours in order to dive sand. I can drive 20 minutes and dive sand every day of the week. Of course I do typically end up in the canyon instead, but I could do sand dives everyday if I wanted to.

The hardest part about not going is I won't be surrounded by all my men. But, I think I can get over it :D

Kim

I'm hearing you all loud and clear when it comes to Vet's Park in Redondo.

The reason that this location was added in the first place, was because there were some people that didn't think it was fair that this location was not included. However, these people rarely show up to the Wrinkles dives anyway.

As you know, I don't like to move these dives too far from the original plan. This is because people coming in from out of town count on these dives to be consitent. This way they can plan with plenty of advance notice.

As it turns out, there is still a full month before this date. If you would like to change our location from Vet's Park to Leo Carrillo, it would still allow people who are planning to come to the Los Angeles area to participate.

Let me know if you want to move our Vet's Park dives to Leo Carrillo.

Christian

Sounds good, even tho it's a farther drive for some of us I'd say it's worth it for better diving.

I wish there was a good way to predict how many would *actually* show up, because there are a number of spots up near Leo that would be lots of fun... but won't handle much of a crowd.

CompuDude:
I wish there was a good way to predict how many would *actually* show up, because there are a number of spots up near Leo that would be lots of fun... but won't handle much of a crowd.
I think it's best to leave those spots to gather on other weekends, since we usually have somewhere between 20 and 40 people attending.

Also, if we go to a place like Leo Carrillo, there is plenty of room and we can use that location as a "base." You could still go dive all of these other spots. We've done this in the past.

If we go with Leo, I'll probaby just camp out for the weekend.

Eventually, I believe that the Terranea Resort is planning to have an area where a large group could gather. But I believe that's still pretty far off in the future.

Christian

I haven't been diving at either spot as of yet. Leo Carillo sounds like a more enjoyable dive from what everyone says....so I'm all for going there...:14:

Yea for Leo !!! I know my vote really dosen't count because I'll be on the Peace that weekend and I'll miss you all especially all the divas but Leo is always more fun than Vets in the day light.

John

Back
Top Bottom