Wrinkles March '07 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We hope to make this dive!

Jennifer

ChickoftheSea and I will be there, at least that's what I told her she has planned on this weekend so she really doesn't have a choice.

Christian, hats off to you for getting the better price. Your efforts are truly appreciated and will be paid in hugs.

Kim

divekim:
ChickoftheSea and I will be there, at least that's what I told her she has planned on this weekend so she really doesn't have a choice.

Christian, hats off to you for getting the better price. Your efforts are truly appreciated and will be paid in hugs.

Kim
Yay! Look forward to see you two there!

'Dette and I will be there. Likely going over Friday AM.

We're going to use this weekend for doubles practice, just like last time.

See you all there.

---
Ken

Making my reservations today. Can't wait!

Mo2vation:
We're going to use this weekend for doubles practice, just like last time.

I was going to do the same thing, but I can't find a lovely lady to double up with. Oh, you mean tanks! You're welcome.

It's on my calendar and I won't be in the Sea of Cortez so I'll show up either to dive during the day (if the boat doesn't go out) or the evening's festivities!

Have been doing a lot of diving in the park lately since the boat has not been going out much. It has been gorgeous (after some 1,200 dives there alone, I still enjoy the park). 50-60' vis, water temps at depth 57-59 degrees. Lots of cormorant action recently... had one swim up the front of my wetsuit and later I thought it swam between my legs (but my video footage showed it skirted around me).

Maybe we can do some Sargassum filicinum removal if I can't get that slated for the Harbor Clean-Up on the 24th of this month.

Anyone have any idea how much longer it takes to hit the San Pedro ferry from the SFV compared to Long Beach? After reading Ken and Claudette's ferry recommendations (not that I am bringing doubles, but still have more than I want to take in one trip) I'm thinking a little extra time to leave from SP may be worthwhile... but I don't know what travel times down there would be, esp. considering we'd likely leave during fairly heavy traffic to make a 7pm (or so) ferry.

CompuDude:
Anyone have any idea how much longer it takes to hit the San Pedro ferry from the SFV compared to Long Beach? After reading Ken and Claudette's ferry recommendations (not that I am bringing doubles, but still have more than I want to take in one trip) I'm thinking a little extra time to leave from SP may be worthwhile... but I don't know what travel times down there would be, esp. considering we'd likely leave during fairly heavy traffic to make a 7pm (or so) ferry.
'Dude.. it's closer!!! PM sent :D .

'Dette

Only problem with the San Pedro terminal is its awful mid-week schedule (like no boats Tue-Thur). Long Beach offers the best schedule, but for those coming strictly over wekends (including long weekends), both are fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom