Wrinkles May '07 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinman:
If I can find someone to show me around La Jolla I will probably go. All I ever see there is sand.

I have the same problem, everytime I dive LJ its nothing but a long surface swim for a bunch of sand :wink:

I'll be there though, not sure what I'll bring yet.

Josh

Glycerin:
I have the same problem, everytime I dive LJ its nothing but a long surface swim for a bunch of sand :wink:

I'll be there though, not sure what I'll bring yet.

Josh

Bring a piece of humble pie honey cause I happen to know for a fact you did not just see sand on your last LJ dive:no

And you won't just see sand next month either:eyebrow:

Kim

Christian, I'm going to try and make it out and this time ... I may even go diving, lol :wink:

Christian, count me in and add my name as banana boy for the picnic please. :D I wouldn't miss one of Terry's world famous guided sand dives for anything in the world!
I'll bring my camera. Now....what's the white balance setting for sand? :eyebrow:

drbill:
This is one I really hope to attend. I really enjoyed the one there a year ago. MissyP said she'd show me around, right girl?

You know it Dr B... Anytime! We also have some reefs in Pt Loma to go check out, so bring some of the good Catalina vis with you :D

divekim:
Bring a piece of humble pie honey cause I happen to know for a fact you did not just see sand on your last LJ dive:no

And you won't just see sand next month either:eyebrow:

Kim

Put me down for Pie then

I'll come on down for this one, Gotta be in SD the next day for mom's day so might as well come a day early and do my first La Jolla dives. I better see more than sand tho....

Christian, the first post say's needed items are in red yet nothing is in red. So I'll bring hot dogs, buns, relish, mustard, ketchup and onion for the dogs. Just let me know if you need me to bring any of my other gear.

Kalani, I'm always down for a night dive as long as we can still make it to the post dive festivities.

MissyP:
You know it Dr B... Anytime! We also have some reefs in Pt Loma to go check out, so bring some of the good Catalina vis with you :D

Ha, vis today was 25 ft (Long Point), 10-12 ft (Yellowtail Point) and 12-15 ft (Hen Rock). Somehow I still took 34 min of video?

During last year's dives at LJS, I captured 13 species I hadn't filmed before and that was on just two dives. I thought it was a pretty cool place to dive, even though I'm not a fan of long surface swims.

Jesster:
Christian, the first post say's needed items are in red yet nothing is in red. So I'll bring hot dogs, buns, relish, mustard, ketchup and onion for the dogs. Just let me know if you need me to bring any of my other gear.
That was a result of cut and paste madness when I was putting our 29 2007 events together!

I made them red when we were down to the last few days and there were some major items missing. Everything without a name next to is is still needed.

Thanks for spotting that, so that I can fix it! :wink:

Christian

Christian:

As a UCSD alum, you can bet I'll be there. I unfortunately have an event to film later that night, so I'll be there for the morning dives and lunch, after which i have to book it back to OC to change into my tux... however I might be persuaded to do that next-day boat dive :) If anyone wants recommendations for restaurants or other places to go off the beaten path, I'd be happy to serve as tour guide.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom