Wrinkles May '07 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the downside to moving North is that you have to drive further south to get to San Diego. I'll be there and maybe I'll even do a dive this time.

Ted S:
........I'll be there and maybe I'll even do a dive this time.

Would be nice, but not likely. :D

Roughwaterjohn:
Would be nice, but not likely. :D

What is it they say... 10 feet down for 10 minutes and it's loggable? Whose got a 10' snorkel?

It will most likely be a last minute decision, but I'll be there if I can... :14:

Divmstr223:
It will most likely be a last minute decision, but I'll be there if I can... :14:

I certainly hope you can make it otherwise who am I gonna do a night before Wrinkles dive with during a ripping southerly current?:wink:

Kim

divekim:
I certainly hope you can make it otherwise who am I gonna do a night before Wrinkles dive with during a ripping southerly current?:wink:

Kim

Those conditions sure were pretty crazy eh? WOW! :confused: And you sure made me look bad handling those conditions with ease... I felt like I was going to drift (be pulled) out to sea :shakehead ...lol

I have a major dilemma as of a few minutes ago....

First of all, I lost my weekends off and I now have Wed / Thurs as my new days off. I'm going to have to be very selective on future Wrinkles/Mo2 dives. I can request time off to make this dive without issue, but the real dilemma is that I was just notified of a golf tournament taking place on the same day (May 12th). For those of you who know me know I'm a golf nut!!! :D

I'm on the fence at the moment but leaning towards drinking beer, ripping 300+ yard drives down the fairway, and taking home first place hardware...:D

Stay tuned I guess...:14:

Divmstr223:
I'm on the fence at the moment but leaning towards drinking beer, ripping 300+ yard drives down the fairway, and taking home first place hardware...:D

Stay tuned I guess...:14:

I have no illusions dear, that is some stiff competition. I'm thinking you've already made up your mind.

Sorry about your schedule getting completely turned inside out.

Kim

Originally Posted by Divmstr223
I'm on the fence at the moment but leaning towards drinking beer, ripping 300+ yard drives down the fairway, and taking home first place hardware...

Stay tuned I guess...

GOLF??? GOLF???? Oh come on Mark. Really?? Golf is only good for one thing. Putting me to sleep when I am home sick with the flu.

Sorry you might miss this one but hey, to each their own. See you at the next one.

T.

Agree with Terry. Golf is something for guys who are my age or older and don't have a real life... like diving! Of course my attitude may have been conditioned in my youth when my grandfather could beat me handily no matter how hard I tried!

So let's see, with golf, ya got 1, 2, maybe 3 friends total hanging out on a stretch of grass all by yourselves, nick'n a 'lil ball into a cup.

With diving, ya got 15-20 close friends, sharing the wonders of the undersea world, yucking it up over burgers and various sweet desserts, and the camraderie that only comes from sharing a dangerous sport with those you care about.

Boy, you're right....tough call. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom