Wrinkles November Dive PreDive Scouting 11-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrinkles:
I think Crescent is a great dive spot...so I think we should dive there....and as far as the time well....lets say be there by 7 and in the water by 730.

Cant wait to dive..

Ana
Since when does it take you 30 minutes to get ready for a dive?!!! Guys, if Ana shows up at 7:00 be ready to dive by 8:45-9:15! :wink:
I am heading out on a boat to some local PNW sites tomorrow with overexposed2x, NWGratefulldiver and Uncle Pug. Should be very fun dives!
See you guys next week!
I was just kidding Ana. You get those people in the water whenever you see fit.
Robb

Okay, I'll see you all about 7ish at Cresent.

I don't think I've ever met any of y'all but I'd really like to dive. Do you mind if I joined y'all in the morning? I can only make the early morning dive.

mk57nato:
I would love to join you guys and finally meet some sb members, but i am still waiting on my hooded vest which has seemed to have dropped into the 4th dimension or something... ordered it over a month ago for last months wrinkles dive still havent seen it.... starting to get slightly irked... will be calling again today to see whats up...

Can't help ya on the pre-dive, but if you need a hooded vest for the Wrinkles (Whiskers?) :wink: dive on the 21st, I can bring one up for you to borrow. It's a 3mm body with a 7mm hood. I'm 6'2" (eyes of blue) and a manly 200 lbs. If that's close to your size, let me know and I'll bring it up.

John-Boy

How was the dive? Did ya all go or just have breakfast instead. John, Sean and I had a great dive down here in Sand Dog.

Terry

:crafty: Oh yes, we went diving! We had 9 divers in 2 groups. Our group was Wrinkles, Jetfixer, IceDiverInCA, Ann Marie, and myself. The other group was Otter, son Chris, Ross and (oops forget his name). We also had AndrewJD for surface support, he was not diving as he is flying to South Korea today.

For the second time I had another diver ask me "Are you guys some kind of group or something?" and I answered "Well, kinda". When they asked further I said "Well.... we all sort of met on the internet :wink:, and now we dive together". He says "I thought that was dangerous..." LOL!!

And just for Mr. Robert Phillips' information, Wrinkles was IN THE WATER AT 7:30 AM :biggrin:!!

We headed over at nearly high tide to Seal Rock to see if we could engage any pinnipeds' attention. Our group did manage to see one lone sea lion, I am not sure if the others did. Anyway, viz was not the greatest, about 10 feet maybe, water temps a chilly 71, with a bit of rain as we entered the water, but not much. Ana led the dive until she ran out of ideas, and after Todd realized we had drifted quite far past Seal Rock in the current, we headed back in. Ann Marie, IceDiverInCa and I decided the swim back would be easier UNDER water, and as we cruised back to shore we saw some cool fish schools and a little ray. It was a nice dive, but we all decided not nice enough to warrant a fill...

We walked down to Heisler Park to re-scout the site for the Wrinkles Dive on the 21st... it looks great and I am looking forward to next weekend!!

Lunch was at Ruby's, with JDog joining us for entertainment purposes. We had so much fun we decided dinner at the beach was also in order, so we all met up again for an EXTREMELY fun time at Mi Casa in Newport Beach. I have not laughed so hard in a long time!! My face hurts this morning...

So, if you missed it yesterday, you missed a blast! Don't miss next weekend!!

jennifer

And a few of the post-dive activities :biggrin: ...

jennifer

I just did 3 dives in Puget Sound yesterday. Vis was on the okay side at 30-40'. Nice currents at the surface and HUGE Lingcod (for me anyway) and Giant Pacific Octos sleeping in their holes. The drysuit kept me nice and dry and my new DUI Active Wear Fleece 300 kept me nice and toasty warm in the 51 degree water. If you guys have never dive up here, you should make a trip just for the diving. It is INCREDIBLE!
See you guys next week.
Robb

Back
Top Bottom