WTB reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nelia1978

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking for a used reg, not too expensave. I am just starting in the world of diving. I was looking at the Sherwood Brut or MK2. Something plain, simple that works. i will upgrade eventually, maybe 2-3 yrs.
I live in Canada, but will not do any ice diving or anything crazy like that lol.
I plan to be diving from around June to Oct and i hear temp for where I will be diving is about 18-22c.

I know a dive shop here are going to have bruts 1& 2nd stage for 185$ and I was maybe thinking I can get it for cheaper?

Let me know what u might have in the back of your closets or garages =)

Total diving is selling out their rental gear, if that's interesting to you:
Total Scuba Diving, Snorkeling & Watersport: Total Diving News Blog - The Annual Rental Sale is Back: April 2-4, 2009 - Shop.TotalDiving.com

They're at 6356 Sherbrooke St. West, if that helps. I have no idea about this shop because I just looked it up on Craigslist Montreal. There's got to be a ton of used gear available privately. Is there a usedmontreal website?

Regs this far north should be rated for cold diving - if you're in a thermocline at 4C (the normal temperature), you could have your air drop below freezing when it expands. This can cause... issues. Thermoclines are everywhere in the summer and that's when you get the best summer vis. The air temperature here gets to +25C in the summer but the water never goes above about +7C on the surface. You'll often see a full beach and an empty surf.

Total diving is selling out their rental gear, if that's interesting to you:
Total Scuba Diving, Snorkeling & Watersport: Total Diving News Blog - The Annual Rental Sale is Back: April 2-4, 2009 - Shop.TotalDiving.com

They're at 6356 Sherbrooke St. West, if that helps. I have no idea about this shop because I just looked it up on Craigslist Montreal. There's got to be a ton of used gear available privately. Is there a usedmontreal website?

Regs this far north should be rated for cold diving - if you're in a thermocline at 4C (the normal temperature), you could have your air drop below freezing when it expands. This can cause... issues. Thermoclines are everywhere in the summer and that's when you get the best summer vis. The air temperature here gets to +25C in the summer but the water never goes above about +7C on the surface. You'll often see a full beach and an empty surf.

My Instructer told me that the water temp for July-Sept is about 18-22c. I know my LDS where I took my classes uses the MK2 and not sure about the 2nd stage.
Yeah I do know Total Diving, they are not really known for their service, been there a few times, and was not overly impressed at all.
They are the ones that are selling the 1st and 2 stage regs for 185$ and I see the post above is selling his at 200USD I figure its cheaper here with the conversion of canadian to American.

Hi, I have a couple of Oceanic CDX5/Alpha 8 combos I would be willing to sell, asking about $125 Canadian for them. Would even be willing to combine 1 first stage and both second stages if you wanted.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom