WTB Tank Whip (For Cleaning)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you gotta loved the Cluster #$%^^ that is the US postal service!! I sent rob propane some stainless cable on Thur last week. Check out this tracking report: Are they a joke or what?? And yet we continue to put up with this!! The report below speaks for itself.

March 8, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
March 7, 2021, 6:14 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
NORTHWEST ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 7, 2021, 11:20 am
Departed USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
March 6, 2021, 6:33 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
March 5, 2021, 9:59 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
March 5, 2021, 3:42 am
March 5, 2021, 1:44 am
SYRACUSE NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 4, 2021, 10:36 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
March 4, 2021, 3:04 pm
Departed Post Office
HAMMOND, NY 13646
March 4, 2021, 11:21 am
USPS in possession of item
HAMMOND, NY 13646
Product Information
See Less

a true example of "snail mail"....

and did you pay for "boomerang or yoyo delivery"?

So you gotta loved the Cluster #$%^^ that is the US postal service!! I sent rob propane some stainless cable on Thur last week. Check out this tracking report: Are they a joke or what?? And yet we continue to put up with this!! The report below speaks for itself.

March 8, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
March 7, 2021, 6:14 pm
March 7, 2021, 11:20 am
Departed USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
March 6, 2021, 6:33 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
March 5, 2021, 9:59 pm
March 5, 2021, 3:42 am
March 5, 2021, 1:44 am
March 4, 2021, 10:36 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
March 4, 2021, 3:04 pm
Departed Post Office
HAMMOND, NY 13646
March 4, 2021, 11:21 am
USPS in possession of item
HAMMOND, NY 13646
Product Information
See Less

Just wait until it gets to the Baltimore center.....and sits for 3 weeks. I sent Christmas cards out in Nov and some people got them in Jan.

I don't even check tracking stuff anymore, by the time it comes it's a surprise!!

I sent something to Japan. Tracking it was incredible. From my house (not far from Newark Airport) to 3 different places before going to JFK (30 miles due east) - then back via two more stops due west to Newark Airport then off to Japan.

I sent something to Japan. Tracking it was incredible. From my house (not far from Newark Airport) to 3 different places before going to JFK (30 miles due east) - then back via two more stops due west to Newark Airport then off to Japan.

Back in January I ordered something from Pompano FL and it shipped either same day or next day. I then went on a vacation and drove from MD to Pompano FL, spent 10 days there and drove back....my package came 2 days later:)

It took almost 2 weeks to get to me and I quite literally would have been faster picking it up myself. I couldn't believe it!

Finally getting all this stuff together. Does anyone know of a place to get 7/8 UNF type plugs to seal up the 3500psi tanks I have? I've been looking, but coming up empty.

I've decided for my 1st round of cleaning to take @rjack321 advice and go the chemical route. I have 5 tanks total to clean and 2 of them are the older 7/8 UNF. Since I really can't seem to find anything to protect the threads while whipping, I'd rather just clean all the tanks the same way and make things simple.

I'll still build a whip at some point, will be good to have. And I greatly appreciate @ajtoady sending me some of his spare cable:)

LDS that sells tanks will have them....

IIRC, NESS sells them, as do a few others that sell tank inspection/cleaning supplies.

I think someone also said the big box hardware stores may have things that could work for you...

(edit - oops, just saw you said 7/8".... need more coffee)

I wonder of you could 3D print a plug. Or, make one from delrin rod...

Back
Top Bottom