WV Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages:
Hi Grumpy. I know Beckley pretty well. Welcome to the area. I live ouside of Ripley now, but my hubby graduated from Oak Hill, and we spend quite a lot of time in Fayette County.

We dive Summersville and Sutton Lakes pretty regularly. Welcome to WV and congratulations on jumping back into diving. Good to have you here.

Dove Summersville last weekend and found that the viz had gone down some due to the rains, but I'm hoping that it has cleared up some by now.

I hope to see you around.

Paula

How did we miss you? Clear Blue and I were there helping Mark finish a Rescue class. We were at the winter boat ramp. Where were you?

My father lives in WV and is looking to get certified soon. Can you guys recomend an instructor in the Charleston/Ripley/Huntington area?

Mmm Scuba:
My father lives in WV and is looking to get certified soon. Can you guys recomend an instructor in the Charleston/Ripley/Huntington area?
If you are looking in Charleston, www.divetechandsports is the local lds for that area. Timmy and Autumn teach the classes. I think Autumn teaches most of the OW classes and Timmy does the technical training. I know there are some independents around maybe they will post and give you some more choices.

WVDiver:
How did we miss you? Clear Blue and I were there helping Mark finish a Rescue class. We were at the winter boat ramp. Where were you?

We were over by the swimming area. The Air National Guard was there doing some training. We jumped in close to their area and played around.

We dove Sutton Lake early in the day and drove up to Summersville to see if the viz there was any better, it was about the same.

I can't believe we missed you. Going to have to get this worked out. Headed up the the Great Lakes wreck diving this weekend and climbing next weekend. We'll get there eventually.

Mrs.Prages:
Headed up the the Great Lakes wreck diving this weekend and climbing next weekend. We'll get there eventually.

:shakehead: I hate you, I hate you. :D Wish I could go, I want a FULL
trip report when you get back..........with pictures. I have been wanting to do the Great Lakes for a couple years now just haven't been able to swing it. Have fun.

Hello, Grumpy Paw Paw. I lived in Beckley in 1980. Went to Beckley Jr. High. Went back for a visit a few years ago, did not recognize the place. Still beautiful though.
Welcome to Scubaboard.

Cheers,
Angie

Hello from a Virginia guy!!! It is funny about your name...there is a little country town called Paw Paw WVA not far from me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom