www.skyauction.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I have booked a unit on line with them. These are time share units or cruses. I booked tinme share unit for a week in Ft Lauderdale at a prime facility in October for about $275 (A week!!!). I think its worth a try, the units are typically offered in off seasons, but what a deal. I hope I will not be disappointed. I did pay up front and need plane tickets.

Skyauction.com is legit, but be careful that you factor in the taxes & service charges. If you are bidding on an auction and aren't careful, you can end up paying more then if you bought the travel elsewhere once you add the taxes & service to your bid.

Their "buy it now" deals are usually very good. Auctions are really hit or miss. Check out prices elsewhere first before bidding.

If you want last minute travel, another good option (non-auction) is www.site59.com. For good deals on a more upscale travel there's also www.luxurylink.com. They have both auction and regular booking.

I, too, have travelled twice on SkyAuction trips. Generally good, but clarify everything up front.

My first trip (Cancun) was flawless. I had a nice room at a pretty nice All-Inclusive. Great Deal.

The second time there was a problem, which SkyAuction quickly fixed. Travel was to a resort on Cable Beach near Nassau, The Bahamas. I had my VISA debit card on file as my preferred means of payment. When SkyAuction ran my payment, they had a problem but never notified me.

When I called to follow up, they stated that they could not accept debit cards, even with the VISA logo!? SkyAuction stated that they no longer had my room available. I had already purchased non-refundable airline tickets, and stated my desire that they honor the auction price for a comparable room for my travel dates. They found me a suite at a timeshare on Paradise Island and honored the auction price and dates.

I'd give high marks since they never tried to play the blame game, and were able to provide a satisfactory resolution quickly.

Hey guys! I just came accross a site that has low fares for hotels and airlines, and is

a combination of an online travel site, and a traditional travel agency... seems like a

good deal! These people will do it all, you don't even need to browse through sites,

they do the research and reservation for you!

http://www.newtravelagent.com

I used them last year for a plane ticket to Grand Cayman. By the time I factored in the service charges etc and a hotel overnight in Houston I didnt save that much. They did deliver as promised and I would try them again but I would do somemore research.
Halojim

Shhhhhh....don't tell anyone else about skyauction. The fewer the people that know the fewer the competitors I'll have.

Know what the price should be before you bid. There are some great deals out there, but as already mentioned, watch out for the fees and taxes.

I go for waterfront condos in Florida. Just got a nice one in West Palm Beach for a week for $297, and I have a week coming in Ft. Lauderdale waterfront in a marina for $212. That includes all charges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom