X-Vision fogging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know many swear by the toothpaste trick (instead of anti-fog), but it doesn,t work for me. The few times i've tried it, my mask fogged like crazy. And I was carefull of washing off only enough toothpaste to the mask was clear; then i stopped...

Oh well... Whatever works, use it!!:coffee:

The idea behind the toothpaste is to use it as an abrasive to get the film off the mask, so you need to put it on and really rub for a few minutes and then wash it out. You should only need to do this once or twice when you get a new mask...not sure if this is what you ment, so please excuse me if I miss understood you. I have also used toothpaste as anti-fog once and was supprised that it worked, but like u said...whatever works

I used to use tooth paste as a primary treatment, to remove the coating on the lense... But the last dive shop I was at swears by toothpaste as an anti-fog!!! They buy cases of the stuff and rub it on before each dive... it works for them... But not for me!!!:14:

I used to use tooth paste as a primary treatment, to remove the coating on the lense... But the last dive shop I was at swears by toothpaste as an anti-fog!!! They buy cases of the stuff and rub it on before each dive... it works for them... But not for me!!!:14:

You must be rubbing it the wrong way :rofl3::rofl3:

Sorry, couldn't resist :blinking:
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom