Xcel Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi.

I just received my 3/2mm full wetsuit from Xcel. From the men's sizing chart, I would mostly be an XS (about the right height and chest size, though waist is about 2" more... hahah). Upon trying it on dry, I found the arms and legs very constrictive to the point where I felt my circulation would be restricted. However, the rest of the fit felt fine zipped up. I've read that wetsuits become one size bigger when wet, so this is hopeful, but is that about the torso and not so much the arms and legs, which is where my concern is centered.

Anyone familiar with Xcel wetsuits and the arms and legs fit when dry versus wet? It would be good to know if what I'm feeling will go away once the wetsuit is wet.

In contrast, I bought a 3mm "Evo" shorty from Divers Direct (I think it's their in-house label), and the XS fit was great. Of course, I didn't have to struggle with arms and legs, so I can't be sure if it's just a matter of different companies with different sizing or if tight arms and legs are commonplace.

I've only previously used rental gear and never felt such a struggle with getting my arms and legs in and out.

Thanks!

I ended up returning the 3/2mm full wetsuit and started a conversation with Xcel via email. They asked for some more detailed measurements and concluded that I did have the correct sizing. They said that I should expect the suit to stretch and expand over time to fit. I have another suit ordered, this time with zipped ankles, which I hope will make a difference for getting my feet through. For the arms, Xcel suggested using a plastic bag to make entry easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom