xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRIS was told they were in the mail. Not mailing soon, but already in the mail. This is not a manufacturing delay, DRIS was told the computers were finished and already in the mail. If I call you and tell you I just mailed you a cake, it means just that, not that I'm about to go buy some flour to make the cake. You seem to be evading giving a clear answer on what happened with these computers that were "100% on their way". Give us a simple, factual answer. The truth, for example.

We only say its in the mail when actual shipping confirmation is received from xdeep.
They may say it should be or we plan that to be this date but until actual shipping is confirmed nobody will say yes they are in the mail.

So...Sebastian is now calling Mike a liar. What a sad irony. This is a new development. Problem is that Seb has been promising a two week window for these devices for over a year. AND I trust Mike. Unlike Sebastian, Mike is not a perpetual BS artist.

This started at BTS in 2013 and continued through BTS last month. I must admit that they have been consistent with their lies. It's been a non-stop litany of "delivery in two weeks" to anyone who asks.

So...Sebastian is now calling Mike a liar.

You said Mike not me, and I know what I'm telling (since never made a promises). Stop twisting my words and provoke unhealthy relations in this thread.

You said Mike not me, and I know what I'm telling (since never made a promises). Stop twisting my words and provoke unhealthy relations in this thread.

Then answer the question I asked without flowery words. DRIS said they were told the product had SHIPPED. Was in the mail. Now you're saying that's not possible. Who is lying?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

And that's what we may say when communicating through emails between us and customers, we (I believe most of businesses) do not update order statues through public forums.

Sebastian, this is certainly a very reasonable policy in general circumstances, but... may I appeal at this point to your own self interest?

According to DRIS, they have been told a dozen times by now (and relayed that to me at least, as well as others from what I hear) that according to you, the product has already shipped, is well on its way, and the order is expected to hopefully be fulfilled within weeks. Since that did not happen, and the pattern repeated so many times, the two possibilities that immediately spring to mind are that either DRIS, or the supplier are repeatedly making inaccurate statements.

Now, in most people's minds, it probably boils down to who has more credibility, like it does in the courts and all other places where it is one person's word against the other's. Given Mike's continued updates on this forum, most people are apparently inclined to believe that DRIS in this case is telling the truth because as always, it is the person who has more presence, and takes the deliberate effort to connect to others and stay responsive, that usually earns more trust...

While you have been following the "no communication on public forum" policy, your company has been effectively taking 100% of the blame for the situation, and as it is usually the case, you were presumed guilty until proven innocent. I suspect that this is why you have decided to respond to this forum... after realizing that the absence of communication is working very strongly to your disadvantage.

I think you now have a good opportunity to undo the damage and protect your own brand, with just a bit more transparency. You said earlier that you always operate based on some knowledge... why not share that knowledge here? You established the policy, you can override it. If you did not establish the policy, here's what I would relay to the person who did: one minute once or twice a week to post a brief update is not that much time to dedicate to a scuba diving forum 2/3 the size of the entire U.S. population, it can potentially help undo a major PR disaster, and it will prevent legions of frustrated ex-customers from badmouthing your company with passion and with a maximum prejudice, at every opportunity they possibly get, from now until the end of time...

Then answer the question I asked without flowery words. DRIS said they were told the product had SHIPPED. Was in the mail. Now you're saying that's not possible. Who is lying?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Problem here is a thin line between the words, when xdeep says its planned to be shipped x day we pass that to our dealers as an update but as I have mentioned earlier we DO NOT say its shipped if its not confirmed by xdeep and nobody should do so.

Problem here is a thin line between the words, when xdeep says its planned to be shipped x day we pass that to our dealers as an update but as I have mentioned earlier we DO NOT say its shipped if its not confirmed by xdeep and nobody should do so.

So, in your mind DRIS lied when they said that. Got it. I'm sure he will appreciate you throwing him under the bus.

Sebastian, this is certainly a very reasonable policy in general circumstances, but... may I appeal at this point to your own self interest?

You said earlier that you always operate based on some knowledge... why not share that knowledge here?

If you are an awaiting customer with active order you will get as much info and update (confirmed by xdeep only) as we can give you at the time, otherwise (without placed order) please refer to general availability announcements (third time here: xDEEP Diving Equipment; Scuba Gear - xDEEP BLACK availability note) as awaiting time for customers with order differs and changes from day to day. We (tecdivegear.com) sell in average 1-2 units / day. Bottom line is we get them and so will everybody who has a time and patience to wait. To others we do apologize and hoping to see you as our and xdeep customers in the future.

Thanks, so your side of the story is certainly very different from that of the dealers, and it is good that we know that...

So, let me check if I understand what happened:

1) X-Deep said they will ship the product on day N, and you relayed that information to the dealers, verbatim.
2) Day N passed, and day N+1 started, and no new information was available at that point.
3) The dealers automatically concluded that the product has shipped, and communicated that to the customers.
4) From your side, no explicit confirmation was ever given that the shipment did take place.

Is this accurate?

So, in your mind DRIS lied when they said that. Got it. I'm sure he will appreciate you throwing him under the bus.

No I don't think that, again its that thin line between "planned" to be shipped and actual "shipped". That's all.

---------- Post added April 15th, 2014 at 08:49 AM ----------

Thanks, so your side of the story is certainly very different from that of the dealers, and it is good that we know that...

So, let me check if I understand what happened:

1) X-Deep said they will ship the product on day N, and you relayed that information to the dealers, verbatim.
2) Day N passed, and day N+1 started, and no new information was available at that point.
3) The dealers automatically concluded that the product has shipped, and communicated that to the customers.
4) From your side, no explicit confirmation was ever given that the shipment did take place.

Is this accurate?

exactly ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom