xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About what? Until TDG actually delivers anything meaningful, there is no "this".

There are known and well documented exaggerations (lies?) on shipments and delivery times. There are now know software bugs and no acknowledgement or time to fix.

Unless, the goal of this thread has changed to piling on and continuing to beat this dead horse, then... "are we still talking about this?"

I don't have any dog in this fight. I didn't pre-order this unit or did I have any intention of purchasing it.

Based on what's been reported I'd never consider this unit as the current company clearly has issues.

i feel sorry for the 'first adopters'. A lot of them have been burned on numerous levels.

Ok....what's left to say? Until there is a major change in delivery and or a firmware fix, "are we still talking about this?"

There are known and well documented exaggerations (lies?) on shipments and delivery times. There are now know software bugs and no acknowledgement or time to fix. Unless, the goal of this thread has changed to piling on and continuing to beat this dead horse, then... "are we still talking about this?" I don't have any dog in this fight. I didn't pre-order this unit or did I have any intention of purchasing it. Based on what's been reported I'd never consider this unit as the current company clearly has issues. i feel sorry for the 'first adopters'. A lot of them have been burned on numerous levels. Ok....what's left to say? Until there is a major change in delivery and or a firmware fix, "are we still talking about this?"

To me, and probably many others, these problems are only "known" thanks to this thread on SB, and even in the post right before yours (#530), we are still getting more evidence of flaws that I, at least, haven't yet seen reported elsewhere. You've never even considered this product, I moved on and got a Petrel a while back, but there are still people out there who already purchased, pre-ordered, or are still considering this device despite everything that's been said, and they deserve access to this information. If there's a better source of it out there, could you please point to it?

There are known and well documented exaggerations (lies?) on shipments and delivery times. There are now know software bugs and no acknowledgement or time to fix.

Unless, the goal of this thread has changed to piling on and continuing to beat this dead horse, then... "are we still talking about this?"

I don't have any dog in this fight. I didn't pre-order this unit or did I have any intention of purchasing it.

Based on what's been reported I'd never consider this unit as the current company clearly has issues.

i feel sorry for the 'first adopters'. A lot of them have been burned on numerous levels.

Ok....what's left to say? Until there is a major change in delivery and or a firmware fix, "are we still talking about this?"

I think it is implied that a firmware fix will be available in two weeks

I'm done. No more waiting for me for what appears to be an untested, expensive yet-to-be-delivered paperweight. When I posted that this was a textbook example of how not to deliver a new product to market, I was obviously understating the argument. A year of misinformation, crappy PR, missed production schedules and now apparently a buggy release is about as bad as it gets. Pity, the product showed great promise.

I'm done. No more waiting for me for what appears to be an untested, expensive yet-to-be-delivered paperweight. When I posted that this was a textbook example of how not to deliver a new product to market, I was obviously understating the argument. A year of misinformation, crappy PR, missed production schedules and now apparently a buggy release is about as bad as it gets. Pity, the product showed great promise.

Hang in there, Tridacna... after all this, I really want you to have this computer (a working one).

Hang in there, Tridacna... after all this, I really want you to have this computer (a working one).

Too late - deciding today between SW and Liquivision.

Even if they were able to deliver a working computer, I would not trust them because of their poor customer attitude. They have demonstrated a complete lack of customer friendliness throughout this process. How could anyone put any faith in them at this point? Why would I want to?

To me, and probably many others, these problems are only "known" thanks to this thread on SB, and even in the post right before yours (#530), we are still getting more evidence of flaws that I, at least, haven't yet seen reported elsewhere. You've never even considered this product, I moved on and got a Petrel a while back, but there are still people out there who already purchased, pre-ordered, or are still considering this device despite everything that's been said, and they deserve access to this information. If there's a better source of it out there, could you please point to it?

I agree. This thread was exciting and a great help up to the point that 2 weeks became never. That happened many pages ago. The software issue is relevant and should be continued to report results from it once it past "2 weeks". Once the firmware upgrade comes in, lets discuss it. Reviews of current users are great. I love to read them.

Continuing to beat up the unit and the company for the lead times and lies is pretty senseless. There are 54 pages that already have it covered. The jokes about it are funny though.

I am new to this thread and didn't want to read through the whole thing. So TecDiveGear started selling this on 7/26/2013, took orders from buyers, and til today, 5/19/2104, there is no delivery?? did I understand this right?

I am new to this thread and didn't want to read through the whole thing. So TecDiveGear started selling this on 7/26/2013, took orders from buyers, and til today, 5/19/2104, there is no delivery?? did I understand this right?

I believe it was pre-orders (i.e. got in line), and people didn't pay money upfront, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom