xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with the computer yesterday, and the one issue I still see is the water temp readings being way off (low). My instructor is experiencing the same issue as well. The latest firmware installed.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing the same issue?

I didn't check the temp in the pool, but now that you mentioned it, I checked and it says 58.7F for the water temp and 58F for the air temp, so that would be incorrect. I think the inaccurate temps are a known issue, and the next firmware upgrade is supposed to be in July.

My max depth shows as 9.7 feet and it's a 10 foot pool, so the depth appears to be accurate.

Thank you Ayisha.

Where are you getting your information regarding updates, improvements etc? Is there a user group website I don't know about?

From the Stealth 2.0 page on Facebook. There are several posts regarding the Black and Piotr has responses throughout, addressing issues and informing everyone of when/if issues will be dealt with in a future upgrade. I have quoted several of the posts many posts back. The page is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/stealth20/

Is the temp correct in latest update of this computer? I get a feeling it shoows 5c over what it really is.

Thank you Ayisha.

Where are you getting your information regarding updates, improvements etc? Is there a user group website I don't know about?

Each user that register the unit on manufacturer website / user interface (its mandatory by user agreement) is receiving all info about the updates and important info regarding the product user has registered, info may or may not occasionally do appear on our manufacturer FB page / US distributor FB page or in other sources.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2014 at 09:38 PM ----------

Is the temp correct in latest update of this computer? I get a feeling it shoows 5c over what it really is.

Reason for off temp reading is super powerful (second fastest available on planet that could be implemented in such small device) processor Geko 2 that produces a lot of heat. As mentioned before that is being worked out and will be solved in next software update.

Last edited:
Each user that register the unit on manufacturer website / user interference (its mandatory by user agreement) is receiving all info about the updates and important info regarding the product user has registered, info may or may not occasionally do appear on our manufacturer FB page / US distributor FB page or in other sources.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2014 at 09:38 PM ----------

Reason for off temp reading is super powerful (second fastest available on planet that could be implemented in such small device) processor Geko 2 that produces a lot of heat. As mentioned before that is being worked out and will be solved in next software update.

Sebastian,

Please take this positively. As the US distributor for xDeep, it would help immensely if you had someone check and rewrite your posts. I know that you mean well but it would go a long way towards helping us understand what you mean and would be better for your company image. I still don't understand what you mean by "user interference". User Agreement perhaps?

Sebastian,

Please take this positively. As the US distributor for xDeep, it would help immensely if you had someone check and rewrite your posts. I know that you mean well but it would go a long way towards helping us understand what you mean and would be better for your company image. I still don't understand what you mean by "user interference". User Agreement perhaps?

User interface is the on-line user panel where you do all the updates and manage your software etc.
User agreement - when you buy a BLACK, at the end of the manual you will find the user agreement that contains all the legalistic and liability paragraphs, putting the BLACK to first use means that you have red the manual, you know how the computer works and how to safely use it and you accept in full entire user agreement found there.

Sebastian, mine was showing 58F in a public pool, so it was reading way too low, not high. Will this also be corrected?

Sebastian, mine was showing 58F in a public pool, so it was reading way too low, not high. Will this also be corrected?
Yes Ayisha, according to what Peter explained to me few days ago is that the temperature reading is affected also by temp the computer is placed in so it may be either + or - from real one, extensive laboratory tests that are in progress will give a factor that will be implemented in next software update and proper correction will be made. Putting such powerful processor carries additional work to be done as you see but still its worth compared to unmatched benefits i.e. three different algorithms calculated at the same time, first and only accurate digital compass and many more ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom