xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually 'fiends' is not that much of a joke. The real issue is Sebastian's poor command of written English. I think that he means well but he has no idea of how to write it meaningfully.

I'm not sure it's fair to bash someone's English skills. I'm pretty hard on people as a rule, but I don't think poor English should result in instant condemnation. I screw up the language myself occasionally and I think I have a better understanding of it than most (I know, that sounds arrogant).
I'm sympathetic if spelling errors are made, as long as my questions and problems are being properly addressed. I don't care for people dodging questions or giving vague, contradictory answers. I'm even happy being told "I don't know."
At this point I question whether or not I am even owed an answer here, as I am no longer a potential customer, having decided to purchase elsewhere regardless of the answers I find. However, I suspect others are curious about the answers as well; perhaps some of them are potential customers.
I did take Ayisha's wonderful advice and messaged Piotr. I'm waiting to hear back from him, hopefully he's busy diving. :)

I'm not sure it's fair to bash someone's English skills. I'm pretty hard on people as a rule, but I don't think poor English should result in instant condemnation. I screw up the language myself occasionally and I think I have a better understanding of it than most (I know, that sounds arrogant).
I'm sympathetic if spelling errors are made, as long as my questions and problems are being properly addressed. I don't care for people dodging questions or giving vague, contradictory answers. I'm even happy being told "I don't know."
At this point I question whether or not I am even owed an answer here, as I am no longer a potential customer, having decided to purchase elsewhere regardless of the answers I find. However, I suspect others are curious about the answers as well; perhaps some of them are potential customers.
I did take Ayisha's wonderful advice and messaged Piotr. I'm waiting to hear back from him, hopefully he's busy diving. :)

Of course it's fair to bash someone's language skills when they present information to customers in writing and end up confusing and mystifying people. This is business, not nursery school. Sebastian represents Xdeep in the USA - not Poland and his written language skills are awful. He should get someone to vet his answers so that they represent what he is trying to say.

You were as confused as everyone else when Sebastian wrote his gobbledygook answer to your question. Your response was angry and frustrated when I think that he could have defused the situation with a simple English answer. He's not doing himself any favors with his written responses. To wit, he lost a potential customer -you- with his clumsy and uninformative responses.

This is the reason why I dont like forums, regardless of language and translation skills "you can read a book in 100 different ways" so please call 201 710 0042 and you can hear answers to important questions in at least few different common languages :)

English, Spanish, Polish, German and Russian (depends on who is working when as our team is quite large)

Kanadian_Kash nobody, never condemned you because nobody can stop you from buying or doing wherever you feel like BUT we will be in trouble and you will be verrrrrry unhappy if we wouldn't let you know about possible different then you may think of / or expected solutions to eventual problem if you buy from place A or B. Its our job and responsibility as an US / Canadian distributor to inform you about that.

Any xDeep customer from wherever comes is always xDeep customer ! Thats what matters the most :)

... and lastly when I say friends I mean FRIENDS as I don't have enemies in life ... so be well friends and dive safe !

---------- Post added April 19th, 2015 at 10:28 PM ----------

I haven't been in the dive industry, therefore I do not understand. Please explain. Are you the manufacturer? Are you authorized to guarantee warranty or not? If so, to what extent, on the X Deep products you sell or all X Deep products?
You keep contradicting yourself. First you talk about warranty exclusions, then state that the warranty will always be honored. Which is true?

Ok so here I will try my best again.

Q:Are you the manufacturer?
A: No we are not, by agreements with xdeep we are exclusive US / Canadian distributor

Q:Are you authorized to guarantee warranty or not? If so, to what extent, on the X Deep products you sell or all X Deep products?
A:Its not either we are authorized or not, we are REQUIRED by American LAW ! Accordingly, our status of a distributor (as somebody that drives in (is it good term ? :) or introduce product to the market) is treated exactly same way like manufacturer.

Q: First you talk about warranty exclusions, then state that the warranty will always be honored. Which is true?
A: xDeep warranty always will be honored but will be handled differently depends on a nature of purchase.

Let me explain in form of a case example, imagine that you decide to save 50 or just anything and buy in Korea (I have no idea about possible savings) and have it shipped to USA, means Korean dealer makes some bucks, then when some problems shows up you come to US dealer / distributor and say: unit broke, here it is and now you fix it (which every xDeep distributor will try first locally anyway to shorten turn around time and lack of computer on customers hand, don't wanna speak for other distributors or dealers but TecDiveGear.com is lending computers / lights and other gear when working on warranty issue and we are very happy about being able to provide and not to leave customer without piece of gear) but if unable to fix locally ship to factory in Europe on US dealer cost (since it would be really bad customer service to make customer pay for it) so not only US dealer / distributor didn't make any income nor covered the costs at the first place but in addition will have to spend money to solve the problem that seller is obligated to deal with by receipt / transaction of sale. Any dealer / distributor would be (have to be) ok with occasional loss if you and other local customers would make a purchased from him.

That's why when you try to shop for some scuba brands in Europe (not advertising any) websites will state "product can't be shipped to country a,b,c" and you are required to buy from local dealer or those warranty changes / exclusions (not sure which here is politically correct) will apply.

Last edited:
Tridacna, it seems you were right and I was wrong, there is a definite problem with basic understanding here and I'm starting to think that X Deep should have elected to use a better qualified North American distributor.

TecDiveGear, the 2 points of having this discussion here instead of over the phone are to get it in writing and so others can make an informed decision based on what they read. This isn't about reading a book in 100 different ways, this is about replies to questions. There shouldn't be hundreds of ways to interpret simple questions such as these. The replies should be simple and concise.

I don't care about the nature of anyone else's purchase, why would I care? They can ask if their situation varies significantly from mine. I'm not talking about buying a computer in Korea, I'm talking about buying a computer in Europe, not from a grey market or unauthorized dealer, but from an actual, authorized X Deep distributor. I'm not talking about shipping it, or buying it online, I'm talking about picking it up in person. Perhaps Tridacna can tell me if I was unclear about this.

If a dealer / distributor is taking a loss to ship a product to the manufacturer, they need to take a good look at their product line. When a person has a problem and goes to an authorized distributor, it is because of the agreements said distributor has with the manufacturer that this choice is made. If I buy a Ford car in Kansas City and need warranty work in Toronto, does the Toronto service center lose money? No. The manufacturer pays the costs. Should my warranty be void because I didn't buy the car at the Toronto service center? Perhaps, but it is not. I'm sure they would prefer that I buy it from them as this puts money in their pockets. But they still stick to the manufacturer's warranty policy, whether they like it or not. This is one of the reasons manufacturers set up distribution networks. It eases customer concerns when they know they can take their problems to someone nearby and have them solved (hint:not happening here) without having to circumnavigate the globe.

There is another unnamed highly regarded online retailer active on these forums that has stopped carrying some products due to their discomfort with quality in the past. Their customer service has always been fast, concise, and honest. So far as I can tell, they have always reacted with respect toward customers, even when the customer was clearly wrong. They sell the X Deep computers as well. I am not affiliated with them in any way other than as an occasional customer. I would suggest that should anyone feel the need to purchase this computer, buy it from them. They (probably) will not insult you or question your motives, they will deal with you honestly and clearly, and will answer your questions in a way you (and others) can understand.
That said, I would be wary of any product with such a defensive first line of customer service. In my (limited) experience companies like this tend to alienate enough customers that they are eventually no longer sustainable. They go under. People with the product then have to buy something else. Stick with companies that start with rock solid customer service.

Tridacna, it seems you were right and I was wrong, there is a definite problem with basic understanding here ...

Well I wish that to be so easy as it seems to you but in reality its not even close, in your case you are comparing multimillion / billion company to xdeep which in fact grows probably like no other in scuba industry these days but still comparing something that simply cant be done.

I will agree to disagree and say that you are absolutely entitled to your personal opinion that we respect like all of them.
Once again we will be more than happy to talk to you over the phone about anything xDeep.

Best.
S.J

BLACK is here !
Dear customers, we just got delivered next batch of xDeep BLACK computers.
We will be also dispatching them to our dealers today and tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and support for xDeep !

Dive safe.

TecDiveGear, Anything changing now that it is not xdeep anymore?
It appears that the website and company name have changed to GENZ, property of Underwater Research limited liability company.

News:
GENZ -

TecDiveGear, Anything changing now that it is not xdeep anymore?
It appears that the website and company name have changed to GENZ, property of Underwater Research limited liability company.

News:
GENZ -

Nope not really, just politics etc. that will do all good things everybody is waiting for like boosting even more the production and delivery times !
Same good, old Black computer

xDeep is under Underwater Research as well, same as Genz. It's the same parent company and still the same owner.

Back
Top Bottom