xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So... stupid question to ask.
In the event that your average recreational diver were to purchase this BT, if the software package was upgraded to either of the other two, and the gases set were typical atmospheric percentages, will the xBLACK deliver no deco times, and/or the required deco stops?

So... stupid question to ask.
In the event that your average recreational diver were to purchase this BT, if the software package was upgraded to either of the other two, and the gases set were typical atmospheric percentages, will the xBLACK deliver no deco times, and/or the required deco stops?

If you upgrade BLACK bottom timer / or buy that with already pre-loaded EANx / Trimix soft then it will act as a Nitrox or Trimix computer showing you NDL, deco stops and other set by you parameters / alarms etc.

Does it have safety stop and deco stop function?
If you buy it with the EANx or Trimix upgrade, it is loaded with the Buhlman ZHL-16C algorithm (+ gradient factors), which indeed calculates decompression stops. The VPM decompression algorithm is, planned as a future (free) upgrade:

1. Decompression algorithms

Both EANx and TMX computers will support Buhlmann ZHL-16L+GF and VPM-B algorithms in a base price. The VPM-B should be launched as a firmware update in a short time after the first Buhlmann-based version, but I'm still considering launching the VPM in a first release. Of course every EANx or TMX unit can be easily updated to the newer firmware version (and of course for free).

If you upgrade BLACK bottom timer / or buy that with already pre-loaded EANx / Trimix soft then it will act as a Nitrox or Trimix computer showing you NDL, deco stops and other set by you parameters / alarms etc.

That is what I figured, thanks!

Wow, finally had time to read the entire thread. I KNEW MY QUESTION WAS STUPID! (it had already been answered) Thanks for all the info.

New stupid question, there were questions of possible air integration, meaning that the gauge would eventually be able to receive tank pressure readings and of course, incorporate this data into calculations and information delivered to the diver.

Is this a real possibility? Seems to me that would require hardware updates in the form of a hose fitting and pressure sensor or a bluetooth sensor transmitter/receiver? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks again.

Has anyone ACTUALLY physically had the unit in their hands yet and dove with it?

I realize it was at Beneath The Sea and is "supposedly" shipping but I haven't seen any reviews yet.

Hi there folks.

I pre ordered BT from my local importer 2 weeks ago, they told me then its gonna be available within few days or weeks. Today i received email that delivery of BT will still take several weeks??!!, no specific schedule were given from manufacturer =(

So i think i have to cancel my bargain and lean towards OSTC 3, nights are getting very dark in here north.

Back
Top Bottom