xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black V2 sounds like an euphemistic way of saying early adopters of the Black paid time/$ to serve as xDeep's prototype testers. Maybe by V3 or so it'll be worth buying as a neat little BT.

Interesting that they say all existing orders will be filled with the V2...but they have to wait on the V2's CE cert. So...in the meantime...:shakehead:

Is anything going to be done physically on the V2? If so, what happens to those who bought the V1?

xDeep just released a new software version for the Black, which should resolve the temperature reading issue.
Also in the comments they say a new Black V2 will go in production to make the manufacturing a lot faster.
We shall see...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...8948.102206.356157277779390&type=1&permPage=1

The only difference in V2 is that the housing of the computer will be made by injecting delrin and not carving it by CNC from block of delrin like it was done until now, only to manufacture them more efficiently. Everything else is exact same. Computer is identical in design, look and everything else.

Reactions: ctu
Hi Sebastian and Piotr, I downloaded the new software last Friday and went diving in Kingston, Lake Ontario, on Saturday and Sunday. My Black recorded 52F to 53 F for the bottom temperature of the dives, while each of the other diver's various computers recorded 42F to 43F. The captain said that 42F to 43F was definitely correct.

Also the Black recorded the air temp as 69F - 72F, but it was actually 77F, so the air temp is also inaccurate.

Any idea of when the temperature gauge will be fixed properly? Thanks!

I should say that other than the temp, the computer has been great, and has been a hit with everyone who sees it. They all remark at how readable it is and the colours, and everyone wants a demo! :)

There is new update 2.2.11 for X-Deep Black from today !

"New Attention! We have found a bug in version 2.2.10. If you have installed this version please do not use it for diving but update your device to 2.2.11.

2014-07-09 12:01:32
Although version 2.2.10 was intensively tested, after launching it we have found a bug which may show up on selected devices depending on sensitivity of water salinity sensor. Device may switch to surface mode on the depth of few metres during the dive.

We have noticed only two of such situations, but due to safety reasons you must not use this version but update your device to 2.2.11 before your dive."

Last edited:
Mine's not. :(

The bottom temp in Lake Ontario yesterday was 40F and my Black reads between 48F and 52F. Everyone else's computers in my group read 40F.

The air temp was 84F and my Black reads 76F.

BEWARE! I waited 4 months for a BT before I was asked if I would like the Nitrox version because there were more of them in stock. I said sure as I intended to upgrade anyway. Well guess what? If you do that you have to pay an additional $200 for the BT function even though you already paid the extra $200 in the purchase price! Yes, you read that right, and it has been confirmed by Sebastian himself. If you buy the Trimix version first it's only Trimix, NOT Nitrox or a bottom timer!!

EDIT: Well today the story has been completely changed, apparently the info confirmed yesterday and posted above is totally false!....good news, but too many surprises and discussion for the simple purchase of a dive computer! See post #9 on the first page of this thread if interested.....it seems this false info has been out there for a year and no one ever questioned it that I can see......hope the story doesn't change yet again, but I'll have it soon to confirm once and for all.

Last edited:
The only difference in V2 is that the housing of the computer will be made by injecting delrin and not carving it by CNC from block of delrin like it was done until now, only to manufacture them more efficiently. Everything else is exact same. Computer is identical in design, look and everything else.

CNC is far better than injection, it might be slower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom