xDeep Black BT - anyone own one yet? post reviews & feedback here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polish premiere of the eanx and tmx software will be during baltic tech conference in Gdansk on 23-24th November.

There are long lists of customers waiting for the unit in every diving shop in Poland. I'm sure it will be avaliable everywhere but in few months.

How they have underestimated the demand for the unit is beyond me. It has been discussed on nearly every large (technical) diving forum on the internet and with plenty of shops wanting to sell it, how can they not have seen this coming? I live in the Netherlands and have contacted about any dealer in my country, non of them could tell be anything about shipment dates. I also started contacting UK based shops, and they too have long lists of buyers and empty shelves where the Black BT should be standing. People who've had their hands on one praise the brilliant screen and the easy interface, one shop employee already sold their Suunto HelO2 wanting to buy the Black.

It's such a shame, I really, really want this computer, but with delay after delay, and production capacities not nearly catching up with the demand, the Shearwater Petrel starts to look more appealing every day (even with its price being nearly twice that of a fully upgraded Black).

You will not make a mistake with the Petrel, maybe this whole delay thing is a blessing. I don't want to be one of the first adopters wrt technical/deco equipment. I think the other problem is "Got lost in translation" :D

You will not make a mistake with the Petrel, maybe this whole delay thing is a blessing. I don't want to be one of the first adopters wrt technical/deco equipment. I think the other problem is "Got lost in translation" :D
My primary problem with the Petrel is that I can not justify the price for my current type of diving. I am still to follow my Advanced Nitrox and Trimix courses (planned for spring 2014), and even after that I doubt I'll be making weekly dives on trimix (as an OW instructor, most of my dives are with students). As a result, spending about 1k on a computer seems pretty steep, whereas the fully upgraded Black (BT + EANx + TMX) would be less than 2 thirds of that price. So while the Petrel may be a very, very nice computer, my bank account might not fully agree. :wink:

A warning, never buy the first release of anything, whether it is a new car or a new dive computer. Wait for it to be out for a while to have the bugs ironed out.

My primary problem with the Petrel is that I can not justify the price for my current type of diving. I am still to follow my Advanced Nitrox and Trimix courses (planned for spring 2014), and even after that I doubt I'll be making weekly dives on trimix (as an OW instructor, most of my dives are with students). As a result, spending about 1k on a computer seems pretty steep, whereas the fully upgraded Black (BT + EANx + TMX) would be less than 2 thirds of that price. So while the Petrel may be a very, very nice computer, my bank account might not fully agree. :wink:

Complete your adv nitrox and trimix on slates and start saving. Hopefully by then some reviews will be around the Black. Make your call then. Dont be in a hurry to buy a tec computer.

I live in the Netherlands and have contacted about any dealer in my country, non of them could tell be anything about shipment dates. I also started contacting UK based shops, and they too have long lists of buyers and empty shelves where the Black BT should be standing

It might be not true but in my opinion they still are having some problems with the unit. The xdeep owner stated in January or February that they were testing fully functional bt unit. Last week he stated that in the same period they had to change cpu. So was it really fully functional and "RTM" unit at that point? Sorry, he has lost my confidence.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2013 at 11:03 AM ----------

Ah, I almost forgot, eanx and tmx software according to the producers post on Polish forum will be presented on DEMA in USA.

DSC_0159[1].jpg

What you guys are missing out on:wink:

Back
Top Bottom