xDeep Black BT - anyone own one yet? post reviews & feedback here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the xDeep Black still not available, I've finally decided I'll be going Petrel. Now I only have to find a way to break it to the wife that I'll be buying myself a shiny $1000 toy. :D

I think it will be my choice also…

You will not be disappointed! SW Petrel is an exceptional DC.

I would like an OLED compass/BT for my scooter but not from a company with a track record like XDeep. I'll stick to my Suunto SK7 and UWatec for now.

I would like an OLED compass/BT for my scooter but not from a company with a track record like XDeep.
It still saddens me. They had a device with such huge potential, and then completely blew it with delays, bad communication, and more delays. I might buy a Black BT some time in the future as a backup, but for now I'm going to pass.

Nothing about this release gives me any confidence in their ability to support the device once it finally transitions from vaporware to a sunk cost for a bunch of divers.

I wonder if Shearwater is looking at this and thinking...gee, we could have an option where people can buy the Petrel as a BT only for $X and let people unlock the other modes for an extra $Y. That'd pretty much erase any reason for xDeep to have market share.

I am going to mention this to them at DEMA and see what they say. That is if they have not seen this thread already. Shearwater has a history of being receptive to customers and implementing their wishes when possible.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

They're rolling out in the UK now, orders have been filled.

Hopefully Germany won't be far behind. I'm looking forward to seeing if this product is worth the wait. Still, at the price point here, it should be.

Still pretty much vaporware? xDEEP really failed on marketing with this one and kept promising release dates that they couldn't keep. Very poor communication.

DEMA is this week and they are supposed to be there. Lots of members here will be there as well. Let's see what the models look like and if there is more concrete info re availability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom