• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

xDeep Stealth 2.0 Tec?

Discussion in 'Sidemount Diving' started by Purge, May 16, 2017.

1. Purge

Purge Nassau Grouper

This may seem like a dumb question... I found a used xDeep Stealth 2.0 Tec for sale, but when I go to buy it how can I tell if it is indeed a Tec and not a Rec? They both look similar to me; I would imagine the difference would be apparent if they were side by side, but I won't have that opportunity.

2. guruboy

guruboy Divemaster ScubaBoard Supporter

Hard to tell without inflating the wing and having them side by side to compare.

3. Purge

Purge Nassau Grouper

Is there any lable to look for or a way to measure it?

4. guruboy

guruboy Divemaster ScubaBoard Supporter

Maybe there's a tag on the bladder that says lift?

Purge likes this.
  5. DevonDiver

DevonDiver N/A

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Aren't the rec supplied with a different harness normally? (not seen one, but seen many tecs). I was under the impression that the rec version had adjustable QR, whereas the Tec harness was simple webbing.

Purge likes this.
  6. Patoux01

Patoux01 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    @DevonDiver you can swap the wings around. Small divers might prefer the rec wing while not wanting a fancy harness.

I'm not sure if anyone dropped the measurements somewhere... Might want to ask on the Stealth 2.0 sidemount facebook group.

7. Purge

Purge Nassau Grouper

@Patoux01 I put the question up on the Facebook page.
    I found this video on YouTube

The TEC diffinatly looks wider (tip to tip) than the REC, can anyone with a TEC tell me what they measure?
    Here's a photo of the one I have; tip to tip it measures about 26.5 inches... TEC or REC?
    20170517_094231.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  8. MelasLithos

MelasLithos Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Hi, I own the REC wing and it's about 22 inches wide. So unless my mesuring tape is awfully wrong, I guess that's the TEC one on the picture.

And yes, I confirm, the harnesses can be swapped around. I'm using my REC wing with the TEC harness (simple webbing).

Purge likes this.