Xdeep VS Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

conallmeehan44

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone, looking to get a wing. From the title you can guess what its between. Any pointers, suggestions or recommendations are welcome.

Are you deciding between these two brands? Or are you open to other suggestions?

There are so many to choose from. There are some differences in shape and lift capacity, but they are all based on the same principles.

In my view, there is no point in spending twice what you would spend on another backplate and wing (which is the case with Halcyon).

Are you deciding between these two brands? Or are you open to other suggestions?

There are so many to choose from. There are some differences in shape and lift capacity, but they are all based on the same principles.

In my view, there is no point in spending twice what you would spend on another backplate and wing (which is the case with Halcyon).
I understand, my only reason for putting in the halcyon infinity is because I used it on holiday and loved it.

How they dive, functionally, all backplate and wings are the same. Differences are in padding etc. The Infinity has quite a lot of that. What exactly did you like about it? That would help determine what features you're looking for. And bear in mind, sometimes 'sets' (including weight or trim pockets etc.) can be a determining factor, as is budget, everything else being equal.

This interests me as am looking to change from twin independent 10l cylinders on a BC to BP&W. Was looking at the halcyon evolve compared to the XDeep hydros. The 40Lbs size in both. Unless there is something wrong with the XDeep the plan is to get this.

Plan to use the BC for single cylinder/holiday diving.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either the xDeep Zeos (single tank wing) or Hydros (double tank wing).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either the xDeep Zeos (single tank wing) or Hydros (double tank wing).
As the hydros is basically half the price of the evolve. Unless there is something significantly better with the evolve, why go for the halcyon?

Is there a difference supporting twin 10l cylinders? Or is it better to use longer cylinders like twin 8.5l?

As the hydros is basically half the price of the evolve. Unless there is something significantly better with the evolve, why go for the halcyon?
My question exactly. Never understood that myself.
As for your specific question about doubles, others may have more experience with those configurations and are able to provide better answers to your trim-related questions than I am.

Back
Top Bottom